ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Personal IVA and company insolvency during Tier-1 Entrepreneur extension application under process

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

santhoshmedia
Newly Registered

Personal IVA and company insolvency during Tier-1 Entrepreneur extension application under process

Post by santhoshmedia » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi,
I have applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur extension (team) application on 20th May 2017 and still awaiting for a decision.

Meanwhile the business is not doing good and being advised to go for insolvency by financial advisors and also personal IVA as personal debits also soared up.

Need advise whether going for company insolvency and/or personal IVA when the extension application is under process with HomeOffice have any impact on the current extension application outcome or any future ILR applicaion.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Personal IVA and company insolvency during Tier-1 Entrepreneur extension application under process

Post by marcnath » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:05 pm

What are your plans once the process is completed ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Personal IVA and company insolvency during Tier-1 Entrepreneur extension application under process

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:19 pm

You must be a director of an actively trading company. Insolvency might get you even disqualified which prevents you from running a business or becoming a director in future.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Faheemryk
Pakistan

Post by Faheemryk » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:23 pm

I'd suggest you to ... try to save this business.
do not let it go insolvent, if possible, inject more capital.
try to reduce expenses. generate more sales revenue... and try to save it .

PeterLove2008

Post by PeterLove2008 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:33 pm

Any suggestion for insolvency is based on financial and business point of view, and it is right. But what is more important for you? You have to choose "being a director of an active company" and "stop loosing money". I would suggest you:
1. think of all you can do to reduce cost. change to smaller office or even to use a VO; cut employments to minimum; etc.
2. you as the owner of the business must be multi tasked at the critical period of time
3. keep the company active, and seek other income stream if the current business is not working well.

abo1
Nigeria

Post by abo1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:59 pm

hi, sorry that the business is going the other way, but there is nothing disturbing you to diversify and try something new. that will not involve much cost centre. Like other have said, you can try to work from home if you business permit. That will save you a lot of cost of renting or leasing an office.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 am

Buisness wise I wouldnt advise you to go insolvent but I think you can file your personal insolvency, it has nothing to do with immigration laws as far as I know but gurus can give you the better advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:45 am

nish_patel7 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 am
Buisness wise I wouldnt advise you to go insolvent but I think you can file your personal insolvency, it has nothing to do with immigration laws as far as I know but gurus can give you the better advise.
Personal insolvency can result in a ban and disqualification from being a director of a company for a number of years, which in turn will affect a Tier 1 Ent migrant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

natsha
United States of America

Post by natsha » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Think about your lifestyle after settle, Long-term happy days, Mostly business nowadays struggling and not good in shape, so just try to get a loan with friend and family save your company controls your expense, you can add someone in your business as a partner, be strong and not give up.