ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Community Resolution Order - Please Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tapera
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Community Resolution Order - Please Help

Post by tapera » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:19 pm

In February 2010 , I filled my car at a petrol station and could not pay. I left my details with the station and promised to pay. My life was chaotic at that time I ended up with the police visiting my place and I explained my situation. I signed a Community Resolution Order (CRO) and for the next 2 years was jobless. My life is back on track - 2011 was assigned refugee status , and in 2016 got my ILR. I am now about to apply for citizenship ,so checked police records. ACPO - no issues. Local police for the previous are ( I no longer live in the area) came back with the CRO.

I am torn between declaring this and not ...can anyone help with the options I have. How far does the Home Office go with their checks...local police or just ACPO???

Please be kind , I hate myself already for what I did.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Community Resolution Order - Please Help

Post by bruteforce » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Just declare it regardless of whether you are required or not to be on the safe side. Its only minor & I am sure will not have adverse affect on the outcome of your application.

tapera
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by tapera » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 am

Thanks for feedback , I will take it on board. Just concerned they seem to use anything now to deny people citizenship

Itworkerspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Itworkerspouse » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:36 am

Hi Tapera, can you let us know how this worked out for you. We are in a similar situation.