ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

polish citizenship

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

copper
Newly Registered

polish citizenship

Post by copper » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am (non eu) married to a pole.we have been married for 2 years and 5 months now.After getting married we lived in poland for 13 months then we moved to UK.we have been living here for nearly 15 months.I am applied for residence card and hopefully I will get 5 years visa in the UK.

I would like to ask if there is and way to acquire polish citizenship although I have not been in poland a continues period of 2 years.?

If I am married for 3 years with a polish girl and have a long residence permit in UK can I apply for polish passport?

thank you in advance

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:36 am

Nope.
You have to live in Poland for a continous period of two years ( for couples married on or after 1st January, 2008 its 5 years now ). You won't even be able to renew your Karta Pobytu if you are not living in Poland. Also, in practice its much harder than it is in theory to get polish citizenship. I have seen cases where people have been living here for 6 or 7 years continously still their application for citizenship being rejected. So I would suggest you better concentrate on your immigration status in UK.

Good luck
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

raina

Polish citizenship

Post by raina » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:02 pm

Inwarsaw- Do you know if there are any changes to the granting of Polish citizenship to people who have been living there with Karta Pobytu for 5 years?

Since you mention in your post that some changes have been made since Jan 2008??

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:55 pm

Polish citizenship applications come normally because of marriage with a Pole and I don't know what category are you talking about when you say living on Karta Pobytu but regardless of how did you get your Karta Pobytu, if you have 'actually' lived here for 5 years, you are definitely entitled to the citizenship. But as I mentioned in my earlier reply, its very painful to get Polish citizenship in practice. Every single application has to go the President's office, it take a long time to process and in majority of the cases, they are refused without giving a solid reason.
There is however no change to the legislation regarding citizenship as yet.

Good luck
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

raina

Post by raina » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:38 am

in warsaw- thanks for your reply.

Yes applying for Polish citizenship without the basis of marriage must be even harder.
But since its an EU passport having one would definately help in the long run.