ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch To HSMP from dependant visa. (in country switch)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lefty
Newly Registered

Switch To HSMP from dependant visa. (in country switch)

Post by lefty » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi, I have applied for HSMP approval on the 15th feb and was told by advicer that I will get a decisio soon. I'm currently in the UK with a dependant visa. but originally entered uk with a student visa and became a dependant of my wife who is currently a student.

According to the rules I have to go back to my country to switch in to HSMP visa but I dont want to go back as I cant take enough days leave from work.

Is there a way to do a in country switch. Has anyone done this before.
It saves me lot of money (flights for the family, visa fees back in the country etc etc) and it is stressful when we apply for visa from my country. Also it takes atleast 3 weeks which I cant spend as I cant take leave for 3 weeks.

thanks

winsome

Post by winsome » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:32 pm

hi,

I am actually in the same boat. I am an HSMP dependant and have now got approval ltr & will go to my home country for EC. Its Unfortunate but a fact that you would have to go back to your home country to apply for EC. You would probably have 6 months till the approval ltr is valid so you can plan your trip. Then agn you cannot delay too much as the hsmp would be converted to tier 1 in rest of the world soon and ur approval ltr may not be valid..

lefty
Newly Registered

Post by lefty » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Yes it is a waste of money and time to having to go back to switch the visa. Specially when you have to travel with your family which is my in my case.

By the way I have appied for HSMP on the 15th and the credit card has been charged on the 18th but no decision yet.