ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

11 years gap and PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NatCam
Georgia

11 years gap and PR

Post by NatCam » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 am

Hello everybody,

I need some advice please, if possible. I had lived in the UK for 4 years before moving to Greece. I had "Indefinite Leave to Enter" at the time. In June this year, me and my family moved back. My husband and son are British. My question is: can I apply for a permanent residence after 1 year being in the UK? Or I need to wait the whole 5 years? I`m a non-EU national.

Thank you and the best wishes to all.

vinny

Re: 11 years gap and PR

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am

A continuous gap of two years breaks both the continunity of indefinite leave under the Immigration Rules and continunity of PR under the EEA regulations.

Are you returning to the UK under the provisions of Surinder Singh? You would require 5 years further residence in the UK to get PR, subject to Brexit, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

NatCam
Georgia

Re: 11 years gap and PR

Post by NatCam » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:23 am

@vinny Yes, under the provisions of Surinder Singh. Thank you.