ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife child visa for settlement in Uk from india

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ibrahim9140
Newly Registered

Wife child visa for settlement in Uk from india

Post by ibrahim9140 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi,

Hope you guys could help me. My wife has child age 7 years old from her previous marriage in india. We are muslim by religion, she had he4 divorce done according to muslim law at muslim law board which is acceptable by indian court (I believe). She has document which state child is her sole responsibility.

My question - which documents would I need to apply for her visa with my wife and do i need her biological father permission for this?

If you guys have any more advice which I should consider when applying, please do tell me.

Thank you.

vinny

Re: Wife child visa for settlement in Uk from india

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:19 pm

If mother has sole responsibility, then why would she need father's permission?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ibrahim9140
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim9140 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:19 pm
If mother has sole responsibility, then why would she need father's permission?
As i have no knowledge about this, thats why I qanted to confirm. Also my wife has the document from mosque which is translated in english. I hope this document should be enough for me to apply?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Has you wife not been granted sole custody through the Court :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.