ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP how long

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yaelhitch

HELP how long

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi i married my husband in guinea africa. My husband is applying for a spouse visa. I am back in the u.k now whilst he has given his case file to the british embassy. Does anyone know how long it takes it get an answer from them. or how tough they are on cases.
im 20 and finding it really hard being on my own in the U.K as we were living together for 2 years and he was the main eraner in our house before he had to return to africa
would be very grateful for some advcie thankyou

m000n

Post by m000n » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi
My hubby Got his visa in 10 working days.
i think now days if you have all documents ready then there is no chance for rejection
Hope yours hubby will get visa soon
Wish you best of luck

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: HELP how long

Post by sakura » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:52 pm

yaelhitch wrote:Hi i married my husband in guinea africa. My husband is applying for a spouse visa. I am back in the u.k now whilst he has given his case file to the british embassy. Does anyone know how long it takes it get an answer from them. or how tough they are on cases.
im 20 and finding it really hard being on my own in the U.K as we were living together for 2 years and he was the main eraner in our house before he had to return to africa
would be very grateful for some advcie thankyou
What visa was he on whilst in the UK? Why did he return to Guinea? What is your nationality and your current status (e.g. working, studying, etc)?

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:07 pm

hi thanks
my husband was on a student visa but it ran out and he overstayed by 6 months. we went back to guinea to get married and apply for his spouse visa. Im a britsh citizen but only a student working part time We had a lawyer set up our case file so hopefully its all there. i just want an answer as i didnt realise how hard it would be without him here. we have been together 2 years and had a massive wedding which is showed in our pictures

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:13 pm

yaelhitch wrote:hi thanks
my husband was on a student visa but it ran out and he overstayed by 6 months. we went back to guinea to get married and apply for his spouse visa. Im a britsh citizen but only a student working part time We had a lawyer set up our case file so hopefully its all there. i just want an answer as i didnt realise how hard it would be without him here. we have been together 2 years and had a massive wedding which is showed in our pictures
You need to be sure you can prove financial sufficiency - do you have any savings? You should prove how much you earn and how you can support your family without recourse to public funds (although technically speaking you can obtain public funds, but for applications it is best you can show that you are in employment and/or have savings).

Your age and student status will also be considered - so you need to make the application airtight.

Are you only a British citizen, or you have other ancestry in the EU (such as Irish)?

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:25 am

we have gone through a lawyer to set up our case and our fincaial proof is the only thing that could reject my husband but will just have to wait and see. was just wondering though once you submit your file how long it takes for them to give you a descion.