ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After Visa extension accepted, if my wife and mother wish to visit family in pakistan....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

After Visa extension accepted, if my wife and mother wish to visit family in pakistan....

Post by sajid_din1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:02 pm

After Visa extension accepted, if my wife and mother wish to visit family in pakistan...how long can my wife go to Pakistan for if the visa has been extended in UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: After Visa extension accepted, if my wife and mother wish to visit family in pakistan....

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:09 pm

What category of visa do they both hold?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: After Visa extension accepted, if my wife and mother wish to visit family in pakistan....

Post by sajid_din1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:24 pm

my mum is a UK citizen. at the moment we are waiting to hear back from the outcome of my wife's UK visa extension, she has already been here for nearly 2 and a half years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:09 pm
What category of visa do they both hold?
Yes, surprisingly, there are many different dependent spouse categories. You need to be more specific as you have posted your question in the Tier 1 General Dependent visa sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sajid_din1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:48 pm

as far as i know the form which was submitted by myself was a FLM (R) form. is there any where on the form it will state what tier/category it is?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Which category of visa does your wife currently hold :?: :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sajid_din1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:57 pm

next to type it says -: VISA SPOUSE/CP

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:01 pm

In which case you posted in the wrong sub-forum. :idea: There is no limit of absence under a spouse settlement visa, providing you can show that the relationship is subsisting while she is outside of the UK.

I've moved your topic to the sub-forum - Immigration for Family Members.
(Casa, not CR001)

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sajid_din1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:05 pm

apologies for that. so does that mean she can go for however long she wants. as in theres no limit to how long she can stay there for?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:06 pm

sajid_din1 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:05 pm
apologies for that. so does that mean she can go for however long she wants. as in theres no limit to how long she can stay there for?
Yes, within reason.
(Casa, not CR001)

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sajid_din1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:09 pm

ive heard some say the max she can go for is 4 weeks and some saying she can go for upto 6 months

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:11 pm

sajid_din1 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:09 pm
ive heard some say the max she can go for is 4 weeks and some saying she can go for upto 6 months
Both are wrong.
(Casa, not CR001)

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sajid_din1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:24 pm

what would be within reason?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:30 pm

For ILR, absence of 6 months or more must be declared.

She obviously cannot hold a UK spouse visa and live abroad and only 'visit' a couple of weeks per year. She needs to be resident in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sajid_din1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 pm

i mean she will be staying in UK, thing is her dad is really ill and has just started to make a recovery she just wants to visit him. my mum will be going with her as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:01 am

She can visit. The UK wont hokd her prisoner.

Presumably she has received her visa extension already??

Note that "accepted" and "approved" are two different things in terms of visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sajid_din1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 am

Her dad is in Pakistan and she lives here in UK, we are looking at possibilities of my mum and my wife going to visit him in Pakistan. Provided her UK Visa is extended the outcome of which is due any day now. I just want to know how long would she be allowed to go to Pakistan for to visit her dad. as you have already said if its 6 months it will need to be declared.

sajid_din1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sajid_din1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:13 am

In this case how long can she go to Pakistan for?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:17 am

There is NO absence limit for people on a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)