ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FPN in AN form. How to fill?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jackjeff
Newly Registered

FPN in AN form. How to fill?

Post by jackjeff » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:24 pm

I have had a Fixed Penalty Notice for Speeding (FP30) issued in April 2011. I have lost the details, but it was handled out of court (even though I have a EU licence) with Thames Valley Police directly. I pleaded 'guilty' by mail and was awarded a fine and 3 points to my non-GB licence (apparently they create shadow copy of your foreign licence or something). Everything was paid in time and settled.

I believe this needs to be disclosed in the AN form. But how do I do this?

For Question 3.1 "Have you been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any other country?", should I tick "yes" or "no"?

The form states "Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s criminal record", so no? But the guide for question 3.1-3.2 states "Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed", so yes? That's clear as mud.

If I say "no" in question 3.1, I still have to disclose it. Where? In the "Further information not covered in other sections" at the end of section 5?

If I say "yes" in question 3.1, what shall I write in "Nature of offence" and "Sentence given"?

I would really appreciate your feedback if you've been in a similar situation. Please let me know what you did and how it went.

Thanks.

olgachilds
BANNED

Re: FPN in AN form. How to fill?

Post by olgachilds » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:55 pm

Answer NO to all character questions
Then put FPN in "further information" section

jackjeff
Newly Registered

Post by jackjeff » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks for your reply olga-childs

I will try that tomorrow at the NCS.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:17 am

Hi, I'm exactly in the same situation. Got 3 points and £100 fine just three months ago. Got appointment with NCS for next week for naturalisation and passport.

Same question 3.1 and 3.2 confusing me. Did you fill in the form as you were advised here? And what was the result?

Also if anyone else could shed some light on it. Should I apply naturalisation in first place? Coz the penalty is only three months old. If yes please can you tell me where to include these details in the form. I'll be very grateful.
lets get together for migrants' rights