ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIer 1 General to ILR - execessive absences - Chances of discretion?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier1_General_ILR
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

TIer 1 General to ILR - execessive absences - Chances of discretion?

Post by Tier1_General_ILR » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:01 am

Hello,

I have been in the UK on Tier 1 General since Aug-2010 but had to go away for 16 months to return on Nov-2013. I had gone away for my wife's medical treatment. My tier 1 is valid until Mar-2018.

I took a chance to apply for ILR in 2016 on discretionary basis but it was refused as the HO did not find my reason to be compelling and compassionate enough. At this time my total absences were about 550 in one go.

I have arranged to get Tier 2 General which is being processed (under LMRT now).

I would be grateful if you can give me suggestions on -

1. Is there any point in trying for ILR again now? Nothing has changed since my last application except that my total absences in one go will now be 320 days which way to high than 180. This is excluding the continuous period of 24 months that I had spent before going on long break.

I know that any sr. case worker will find it difficult to overturn his colleague's decision taken last year.

But my absences are now that high, will it be worth gambling £3000?
The reason given me was while my absence was justified, I had severed ties with the UK. It was verbally mentioned that if I had a house in the UK then it would proved my commitment. I still have not bought any real asset here but I think it may have made a difference.

2. Broadly my stays in the UK are - Aug-2010 to July-2012 and then Nov-2013 to till date. After switching to Tier 2 General - will I be able to apply in June-2018 - which will take my 5 year stay to start of July-2013.

Though I returned in Nov-2013 - period from July-2013 to Nov-2013 should be considered as absence and 180 days are allowed after giving proofs.

There are clear rules for first time entry in the UK after first visa approval but I could not find any rules about start date of continuous stay for breaks.
I will appreciate your views if I can apply in June-2018, even though I was on a break in July -2013.

Thanks.

God Bless

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIer 1 General to ILR - execessive absences - Chances of discretion?

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:08 am

Why have you registered another username?

member/IndianConsult/

See also multiple usernames (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier1_General_ILR
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Tier1_General_ILR » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:21 am

I think this was my id but unfortunately I have forgotten the password as well as to the email account to which it was linked to which I should be to retrieve or reset but it was easier to create a new one.

I did not know that it was banned. While I have not misused the double id, I am sure there must a reason for banning it.
I can post the same question from that id (reason for seeking help will not :) )

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 am

If you wish to keep this new user ID, I will deactivate the other one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier1_General_ILR
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Tier1_General_ILR » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:36 am

Yes please. I would like to keep this one so I will appreciate if you can kindly deactivate the other id. Thanks.

Tier1_General_ILR
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Tier1_General_ILR » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Dear Senior/Experienced/Knowledgeable members,

I will appreciate if you give your views on my queries.

Regards