ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS / JCAP Application - Letter asking for additional photographs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MagicMovies
India

NCS / JCAP Application - Letter asking for additional photographs

Post by MagicMovies » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 pm

I submitted my naturalisation application and passport application at the NCS. They collected my passport application form and the two photographs.

However, I have now received a letter from Her Majesty's Passport Office with the following text.
  • I am happy to send the photos, but has it happened for anyone else before?
  • The guidelines mention the following - "unmarked on both sides (unless a photo needs to be countersigned)" and since mine was a JCAP, the officer at NCS refused to take the photo which was countersigned since the referees have already signed and confirmed the photo as part of naturalisation application, so should I be getting this photo signed or not by my referee?
  • Does this mean they have lost the photographs?
  • The letter was dated 29 November, so how soon is soon? I will send them via recorded delivery tomorrow - Would that suffice?
Dear Sir,

Letter Reference: 1b
Passport Application Reference: 123XXX123
Further information needed for your passport application
Thank you for submitting your passport application along with your application to become a British Citizen. To enable us to process your passport application, please provide the following:

You have not provided four photos.

Please provide four identical photos that meet all of the required standards listed here.
www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

You must send these as soon as possible to the address at the top of this letter, quoting your passport application reference number. If we don't receive the information your application will be withdrawn and you won't be refunded.
The address at the top is

Her Majesty's Passport Office
(JCAP - Query)
101 Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9BD

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Re: NCS / JCAP Application - Letter asking for additional photographs

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:28 pm

I think it's been mentioned on here before you don't need passport photos countersigned Thats done at the NCS, certainly ours was
The photo the referees used, should of been stuck on the referees declaration form.

ija8051

Post by ija8051 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:41 pm

when did you submit your JACP and which council service you used

Preetty
Newly Registered
India

Post by Preetty » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:13 am

MagicMovies wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 pm
I submitted my naturalisation application and passport application at the NCS. They collected my passport application form and the two photographs.

However, I have now received a letter from Her Majesty's Passport Office with the following text.
  • I am happy to send the photos, but has it happened for anyone else before?
  • The guidelines mention the following - "unmarked on both sides (unless a photo needs to be countersigned)" and since mine was a JCAP, the officer at NCS refused to take the photo which was countersigned since the referees have already signed and confirmed the photo as part of naturalisation application, so should I be getting this photo signed or not by my referee?
  • Does this mean they have lost the photographs?
  • The letter was dated 29 November, so how soon is soon? I will send them via recorded delivery tomorrow - Would that suffice?
Dear Sir,

Letter Reference: 1b
Passport Application Reference: 123XXX123
Further information needed for your passport application
Thank you for submitting your passport application along with your application to become a British Citizen. To enable us to process your passport application, please provide the following:

You have not provided four photos.

Please provide four identical photos that meet all of the required standards listed here.
www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

You must send these as soon as possible to the address at the top of this letter, quoting your passport application reference number. If we don't receive the information your application will be withdrawn and you won't be refunded.
The address at the top is

Her Majesty's Passport Office
(JCAP - Query)
101 Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9BD
HI,

I have faced the same issue now. I have sent the photographs through post today. How long did it take for you to get the decision letter after you replying HM passport office with the photographs ?.