ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for processing unrestricted CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

junnu123
Newly Registered
India

Timeline for processing unrestricted CoS

Post by junnu123 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello,
Thanks to all the wondeful people on this forum who provide help and guidance on these critical concerns. Mucj appreciated! :D

I am looking to switch from Tier2 ICT to Tier2 general. I have an employer willing to sponsor. As I understand, the employer needs to issue an unrestricted CoS which can then be used to switch tp Tier2. What are the general timelines for a company to acquire an unresticted CoS? Also, what the quickest way to get the visa switched? Could someone please advise? My visa renewal is coming up soon so I am looking to switch soon.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Re: Timeline for processing unrestricted CoS

Post by sptula » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:55 pm

One can not switch from T2 ICT to T2 generally immediately without serving 12 months colling period

junnu123
Newly Registered
India

Post by junnu123 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi..I am eligible as I came to UK in Jan 2011. The employer has confirmed that a switch is possible. I am trying to know the time it takes for the processing.

junnu123
Newly Registered
India

Post by junnu123 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 am

Hello..could someone kindly provide information and response to my query?

junnu123
Newly Registered
India

Post by junnu123 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 am

Could someone please respond and provide some guidance? Hope I am asking the right question.

How long does it usually take to get an unrestricted CoS allocated? And what are the general timelines to get a visa stamped using that CoS?

harryisback
Newly Registered

Post by harryisback » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi,

Employer has to make application by 5th of the month and Home office announces COS allocation 11th onwards.

Hope it helps you.

junnu123
Newly Registered
India

Post by junnu123 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks for the response harryisback. I was under the impression that those dates were applicable for restricted CoS? Isnt that the case? Also, if an employer needs to raise the request, will they have to wait till Jan 5th 2018?

harryisback
Newly Registered

Post by harryisback » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm

For unrestricted I think company can issue and assign to employe straightaway without any HO's approval.

junnu123
Newly Registered
India

Post by junnu123 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Thanks Harry. I am still waiting for the employer to make an offer. I have another question.

My current T2 visa expires on 28th Feb and will be due for renewal. Given the holiday period, if the processing and issuing of CoS happens in Jan'18, I am planning to go for premium appointment. But looking at some posts it looks like I will likely get an appointment somewhere around early/mid Feb. Will the home office take into account my current visa expiry date in taking the decision? Also, if the processing goes on beyond Feb, what would be my status? I am planning to inform my current employer after I get my new BRP, but given the tight timelines it might be a very tricky situation. Not sure how to manage that. Any advice?