ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP - passport after ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priyakute

JCAP - passport after ceremony

Post by priyakute » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi,

I collected my naturalisation certificate on 17th Oct, And I have not received any communication on passport. Is there a way to check the passport status applied via JCAP process. Do I need to contact home office for this.

Can someone, please advice.

Thanks,
Priya

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Re: JCAP - passport after ceremony

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:06 pm

All the information is on your JCAP form given to you at the time. Barcode, ID number and contact details. It can take 20 days to receive passport.

priyakute

Post by priyakute » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi,

It’s more than 20 days and I have not received passport. I called passport office and they confirmed that they have not received any update from home office.

I called council to check that if they have confirmed back to home office after the ceremony I took on 17th Oct and council confirmed that they have updated home office.but home office has not update hmpo for passport processing

Pls can someone advice how do I contact home office? Is there an contact number or email.
How do I check with home office?

Thanks
Priya

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 am

I have seen this case before. It was resolved within 2 days of a re-visit with the certificate to the council and asking their staff member responsible for the Home Office communications to re-send or re-notify the HO. Passport was received 2 days later by post, after an initial 25 days delay. HMPO cannot act before they receive the OK from HO. HMPO offer quite fast service in general.

rdee007
Newly Registered

Post by rdee007 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:29 pm

priyakute wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:21 pm
Hi,

It’s more than 20 days and I have not received passport. I called passport office and they confirmed that they have not received any update from home office.

I called council to check that if they have confirmed back to home office after the ceremony I took on 17th Oct and council confirmed that they have updated home office.but home office has not update hmpo for passport processing

Pls can someone advice how do I contact home office? Is there an contact number or email.

Thanks
Priya
Hi Priya, did you manage to sort this out and if so, can you advise how you went about the same? I had my private ceremony last Monday (20/11) and when I called the passport office today, they said they don't have any notification from the HO and it can take them up to 21 days to process after receiving the notification. I am concerned that there has been a slip off in the process as reading the forums, people have received their passport within days. I appreciate that they say it is typically 20 working days after attending the ceremony but what I find strange is that there has been no notification to HMPO.

Thanks!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 pm

rdee007 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:29 pm
priyakute wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Priya
Hi Priya, did you manage to sort this out and if so, can you advise how you went about the same? I had my private ceremony last Monday (20/11) and when I called the passport office today, they said they don't have any notification from the HO and it can take them up to 21 days to process after receiving the notification. I am concerned that there has been a slip off in the process as reading the forums, people have received their passport within days. I appreciate that they say it is typically 20 working days after attending the ceremony but what I find strange is that there has been no notification to HMPO.

Thanks!
I’m wondering exactly the same...

rdee007
Newly Registered

Post by rdee007 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 am

kirkerj wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 pm
rdee007 wrote:
priyakute wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Priya

Thanks!
Hi Kirkerj,

I managed to sort this out - posted my experience in a different thread a couple of days back. In my case, I called the council again (once it was 2 weeks past and the situation was the same) - they then checked with UKVI who said they didn't receive the original notification (for some reason), so they had to re-notify UKVI and after that it was a matter of 5 days before I received my Passport. Hope that helps!

Cheers!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 am

rdee007 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 am
kirkerj wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 pm
rdee007 wrote:
priyakute wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Priya

Thanks!
Hi Kirkerj,

I managed to sort this out - posted my experience in a different thread a couple of days back. In my case, I called the council again (once it was 2 weeks past and the situation was the same) - they then checked with UKVI who said they didn't receive the original notification (for some reason), so they had to re-notify UKVI and after that it was a matter of 5 days before I received my Passport. Hope that helps!

Cheers!
Thanks, I called HMPO again-I am in the system-seems to be no problem but passports are taking a bit longer as Christmas. My council advised that she has had to re send the info about my ceremony to the HO about 7 times and I have also emailed HO explaining the situation. Hopefully one of these actions will get things moving.

Apparently everyone calling HMPO and getting heavy about hurrying their applications has meant the citizenship ones being pushed back hence them having to re-send the information.

This is almost worse than the citizenship process