ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for performing artists

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Priyanka Khatun
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Visa for performing artists

Post by Priyanka Khatun » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:45 am

Hello!
I am Lucy from India and I need to know what type of visa I should go for to audition in a singing reality show based in the UK? I got an audition call, how should I apply? If I apply for a business visa then where do I get the sponsorship?

Priyanka Khatun
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Visa for performing artists

Post by Priyanka Khatun » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:47 am

according to business visa, when they will ask for the documentation, can I show them the audition call mail and attach it with the documents? :?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 pm

You're not going to get a visa for that, it's preposterous!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:55 am

I wouldn't be so sure, Wanderer. Our overseas posts have granted visas to acts to come and do these shows as recently as last year.

However, I would advise Priyanka to check the rules of the show. Most say the applicants have to be resident in the UK or have the right to reside in the UK before they audition. You don't qualify if you need a visa to come here.

I know both the main TV talent shows have flouted their own rules for the last few years (featuring non-EU contestants, some of whom have incorrectly been granted visas), but I believe that if you don't have the right to live here you should not apply. If you apply for a visa you may be wasting your money.

You will have your own version of these shows you can apply for. Best of luck.