ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dytto
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Dependent visa

Post by Dytto » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi,
I am on tier1 entrepreneur visa
Extension due end of December
I am with Wife and 2 daughters
Daughters born in England
I got my elder daughter visa last time because I wanted to travel abroad that’s why!

Question1:shall I apply my daughter visa or not on extension time because I don’t have any plan to go abroad oncoming years ?

Question 2:when i’ll get ILR after 2 years any effect on daughters status?
I’ll be thankful to all but especially Zimba croo1 & marcanth if they guide me.
Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent visa

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Dytto wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 pm
Hi,
I am on tier1 entrepreneur visa
Extension due end of December
I am with Wife and 2 daughters
Daughters born in England
I got my elder daughter visa last time because I wanted to travel abroad that’s why!

Question1:shall I apply my daughter visa or not on extension time because I don’t have any plan to go abroad oncoming years ?

Question 2:when i’ll get ILR after 2 years any effect on daughters status?
I’ll be thankful to all but especially Zimba croo1 & marcanth if they guide me.
Thanks
Travel is not the only reason you apply for a Visa. The other is NHS. If you don't apply for extension and pay the NHS surcharge, your children cannot use NHS services without paying.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Dytto
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dytto » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks marcanth
But one more question about youngest daughter she is less than year and she doesn’t have any travel documents except birth certificate.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:11 pm

Dytto wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 pm
Thanks marcanth
But one more question about youngest daughter she is less than year and she doesn’t have any travel documents except birth certificate.
Same thing - she has access to free NHS for only the first three months.

So the right process is to apply for a passport and then for the Visa.

In principle, once you get your ILR, they can apply for and get the BC even if you don't apply for / extend a Visa for them.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Dytto
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dytto » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:13 pm

Appreciate marcnath

Dytto
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dytto » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi marcnath,
Today I spoke to Ukba about as above issue they are saying don’t need to apply daughters visa if you don’t have any plan to go outside the uk.
Thanks

Dytto
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dytto » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:26 am

Hi,
Anyone can get me back please
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:42 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:38 am

Dytto wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:17 pm
Hi marcnath,
Today I spoke to Ukba about as above issue they are saying don’t need to apply daughters visa if you don’t have any plan to go outside the uk.
Thanks
You mean UKVI. But yes, as I also mentioned, you don't need to apply visa for your daughters for immigration purposes.

You only need a visa to avail of NHS.

I am not sure how it works in practice but on paper your daughters have to pay for any NHS services they use.

Again it is not clear to me what happens if your clinic or hospital does not ask you to pay.

It would be good to call UKVI and ask them about the NHS. I would be interested in what they have to say.

Dytto
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dytto » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Thanks for reply
Just coouple of minutes ago I made call to ukvi about NHS surcharges they said if you are not applying her visa then there is no need to pay for NHS as well.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Dytto wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:43 pm
Thanks for reply
Just coouple of minutes ago I made call to ukvi about NHS surcharges they said if you are not applying her visa then there is no need to pay for NHS as well.
That is again correct. In fact, the only way to pay the NHS surcharge is in connection with a visa application.

I may not have been clear but the question I had in mind was how your kids can use NHS services without applying for the Visa (because the only way to pay the surcharge is with the visa application).

@vinny posted some links with a lot more on this but I was still not able to conclude but provided some interesting points.

1. Your younger daughter never applied for a visa, so she can never be an overstayer
2. Your elder daughter will become an overstayer (but with no practical implications) once her visa expires but she can still apply for her citizenship once you get your ILR. This is worth reading uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/born ... 28028.html
3. There is a definite inconsistency between immigration and NHS rules. As per immigration rules, your daughters can stay here without a visa. However, to use NHS services, they need a visa.
4. One apparent solution is that you don't apply for the visa but pay for any NHS services as and when it is needed (or take some private health insurance that will cover that). I don't know how that works in practice though.
Two years is a long time and it is quite likely kids will require some medical attention during that time. And if you have to pay that out of your pocket, it can very easily cost much more than the Visa + IHS fees. So that is the decision you need to make. If you consider the Visa to be a medical insurance premium for two years, it is actually quite a reasonable amount :)

Dytto
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Dytto » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Thanks again
But still confused
But I got all call reference details