ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Re: British Citizenship

Post by bmstein » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:33 pm

kb8551 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:16 pm
Hi Guys,

I applied for my British citizenship on 12th of August 2017 through NCS (10 years long residence + 1 year ILR). The status was "awaiting decision" on the online link until Friday, 8th December, when the link stopped working but I've been told that the link was not 100% correct. On top of this, I have recently changed home address and although Home Office acknowledged the change, I'm worried they may send their letters to the wrong address.I am not able to get any information from UKVI/HO on the phone (whether they've sent anything out or made their decision) as they keep saying they have no access to my application. Is there any other way I could get some information from them? Do you guys have an email address or telephone number I could write to or call to get an update? It's been more than 4 months now and It usually takes about 2-3 months for HO to make a decision
on straight forward case like mine.

Thanks very much for your help in advance everyone!!!
The only way so far to get any info out of them was only after the online status change to Decided. Since it’s not an option anymore, they tell people to sit tight and wait. I feel you pain, I was going bananas as well (still am). But if it’s any consolation to you, the normal timeframe recently seems to have extended to over 5 months so you’re well within the norm at the mo.
Further up this and previous page and MAS99 shared some good tactics for getting info out of them, and e-mail address and phone number he used.

Anapplicant
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Anapplicant » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:56 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 pm
KH1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:00 pm
hi can you send me E-mail address where you send them e amil.
thank you
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
X is probably roman for 10? Just a guess really! Also is this email different from citizenship.support? Someone posted in July 2017 timeline yesterday (probably post has been deleted by admin now as it was off topic) that they emailed at citizenship.support and got a helpful reply saying application was decided on the popular date 8 December :)

kb8551
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by kb8551 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:39 pm

bmstein wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:33 pm
kb8551 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I applied for my British citizenship on 12th of August 2017 through NCS (10 years long residence + 1 year ILR). The status was "awaiting decision" on the online link until Friday, 8th December, when the link stopped working but I've been told that the link was not 100% correct. On top of this, I have recently changed home address and although Home Office acknowledged the change, I'm worried they may send their letters to the wrong address.I am not able to get any information from UKVI/HO on the phone (whether they've sent anything out or made their decision) as they keep saying they have no access to my application. Is there any other way I could get some information from them? Do you guys have an email address or telephone number I could write to or call to get an update? It's been more than 4 months now and It usually takes about 2-3 months for HO to make a decision

The only way so far to get any info out of them was only after the online status change to Decided. Since it’s not an option anymore, they tell people to sit tight and wait. I feel you pain, I was going bananas as well (still am). But if it’s any consolation to you, the normal timeframe recently seems to have extended to over 5 months so you’re well within the norm at the mo.
Further up this and previous page and MAS99 shared some good tactics for getting info out of them, and e-mail address and phone number he used.

Thanks for your help! I can’t find the telephone number above - I don’t think MAS99 has provides this. I did call the citizenship and usual visa lines today but they wouldn’t tell me anything. Isn’t the email address MAS99 provided just for EEA applicants? I’m Non-EU. Thanks again.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm

kb8551 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:39 pm
bmstein wrote:
kb8551 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help! I can’t find the telephone number above - I don’t think MAS99 has provides this. I did call the citizenship and usual visa lines today but they wouldn’t tell me anything. Isn’t the email address MAS99 provided just for EEA applicants? I’m Non-EU. Thanks again.
The phone number I used is 0300 123 2253. I called on Monday and got nothing, then called today and got told my letter was posted on the 6th. As far as I know the contact e-mails are for all applicants.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Anapplicant wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:56 pm
MAS99 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:30 pm
KH1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:00 pm
hi can you send me E-mail address where you send them e amil.
thank you
X is probably roman for 10? Just a guess really! Also is this email different from citizenship.support? Someone posted in July 2017 timeline yesterday (probably post has been deleted by admin now as it was off topic) that they emailed at citizenship.support and got a helpful reply saying application was decided on the popular date 8 December :)
Lol.. I put X in there to conceal the original date.. I think 8 is the date it was sent however I will reconfirm with them tomorrow...

Anyone from last week decided application received any letter?

Thanks

M

ichs12
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by ichs12 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 pm

My status changed to ‘decided’ on the 8th of December as well, but I’ve not received a letter yet. If I don’t receive it tomorrow, I’ll call them on Thursday.
I’m guessing that the bad weather has had a significant impact on Royal Mail deliveries.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Nothing in the post for me either but found out they’ve posted it last Wednesday.

omorfos1
Newly Registered
Andorra

Post by omorfos1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 pm

This is what appears now on the website

'Page Not Found
The application status checker is a pilot service and is currently unavailable as it is under review. If your application is within the published service standard time frames you will need to wait for a decision. If any further information is required for the application, we will contact you directly.

If your application is over the published service standard timeframes you can use the following link if you require an update - https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk'

Apparently they got bored of being chased up and answering questions and decided to take it down altogether. I called earlier today and was told they had no way of looking up the day it was decided although last week they did. If friends call tomorrow to follow up, it would good to see whether 'Decided' applications are still accessible and queries answered. In any event, major setback - despite not being very reliable it was a step forward and now it is gone.

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:42 am

omorfos1 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 pm
This is what appears now on the website

'Page Not Found
The application status checker is a pilot service and is currently unavailable as it is under review. If your application is within the published service standard time frames you will need to wait for a decision. If any further information is required for the application, we will contact you directly.

If your application is over the published service standard timeframes you can use the following link if you require an update - https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk'

Apparently they got bored of being chased up and answering questions and decided to take it down altogether. I called earlier today and was told they had no way of looking up the day it was decided although last week they did. If friends call tomorrow to follow up, it would good to see whether 'Decided' applications are still accessible and queries answered. In any event, major setback - despite not being very reliable it was a step forward and now it is gone.
No updates for today? another day went by but letter didn't arrive. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 am

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Just got a reply

"""Thank you for your e-mail. The application has been ceremony approved."""

Now waiting for my letters

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 am

Just got a reply

You are a an official HO whisperer! How do you always manage to get the info out of them I really don’t know :wink: Anyways, a massive CONGRATS!!! I’m still waiting for the letter

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 pm

MAS99 wrote:

Just got a reply

congratulations, great. yourstatus changed to "Decided" on Friday 8th December ?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Just lucky

Use this email address

They are very quick but a little bit dumb or don't want to give too much info.. They were not giving me any info before the application status changed to decided

But I keep sending them emails and as soon as I get email, reply same time and ask them again for more information

Now let's hope Royal mail is quick or might have to email them too :)

Good luck everyone else.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 pm

power-lost wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 pm
MAS99 wrote:

Just got a reply

congratulations, great. yourstatus changed to "Decided" on Friday 8th December ?
Yes but the case was decided on 04th Dec and letters sent out on 08th Dec

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm

MAS99 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 pm
Just lucky

Use this email address

They are very quick but a little bit dumb or don't want to give too much info.. They were not giving me any info before the application status changed to decided

But I keep sending them emails and as soon as I get email, reply same time and ask them again for more information

Good luck everyone else.
All I got was “communication has been posted to you” blah blah blah

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 pm

bmstein wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm
MAS99 wrote:
Just lucky

Use this email address

Good luck everyone else.
Do they reply same day the above email address?

power-lost
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by power-lost » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 pm

bmstein wrote:
MAS99 wrote:
Just lucky

Use this email address

Good luck everyone else.

massoud32
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by massoud32 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Hello All
I applied on 11th September 2017 and my status changed to decided on 01st December 2017. Called Home Office on 6th and they told me that i have to wait because it is coming within 10 working days . Called again today and they said that the website is down and we cannot give you any information. You have to wait for 6 month. Anyone is on my circumstance please let me know if you got your letter. Many thanks

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:37 pm

power-lost wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 pm
bmstein wrote:
MAS99 wrote:
Just lucky

Use this email address

Good luck everyone else.
Almost same day or at least next day

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:39 pm

massoud32 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 pm
Hello All
I applied on 11th September 2017 and my status changed to decided on 01st December 2017. Called Home Office on 6th and they told me that i have to wait because it is coming within 10 working days . Called again today and they said that the website is down and we cannot give you any information. You have to wait for 6 month. Anyone is on my circumstance please let me know if you got your letter. Many thanks
Have you got any proof that this has been decided.. Because if it has been decided they can at least tell you when the letter was sent

But I suspect your case is still pending otherwise they wont' ask you to wait 6 months

massoud32
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by massoud32 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Thanks for reply:
It showed on website ! I saw it. I called Home office on 6th and he said to me that the case was decided on 1st and wait for 10 working days. I called them again today and they said we dont cannot give you any information because the website is down. If your application is within the standard time then we cannot update you until 6 month finished.
my Status was decided until the website worked.
He said that we dont know if we sent the letter to you or not! We dont know if your case decided or not! The website gave us false information and its the reason it is down at the moment. Its not based on the website now because it gave wrong information. It is the reason that i want to be sure that anyone is on my circumstance.

bmstein
Mood:
Poland

Post by bmstein » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:15 pm

massoud32 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:48 pm
Thanks for reply:
It showed on website ! I saw it. I called Home office on 6th and he said to me that the case was decided on 1st and wait for 10 working days. I called them again today and they said we dont cannot give you any information because the website is down. If your application is within the standard time then we cannot update you until 6 month finished.
my Status was decided until the website worked.
He said that we dont know if we sent the letter to you or not! We dont know if your case decided or not! The website gave us false information and its the reason it is down at the moment. Its not based on the website now because it gave wrong information. It is the reason that i want to be sure that anyone is on my circumstance.
It depends on the person you talk to. My case showed Decided on the 8th, which is the last day the service was working, so I also got worried it might be an error. I called them following Monday and got the same reply as you did. Wasn't happy about it so called again on Tuesday when the person I spoke to had happily confirmed my case has been decided and posted on the 6th. So maybe try again. Few of us here got Decided on the last day and all were confirmed by HO so likely it wasn't en error in your case either and you'll get your letter soon.

kb8551
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by kb8551 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:20 pm

bmstein wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm
kb8551 wrote:
bmstein wrote:
kb8551 wrote:
Hi Guys,

The phone number I used is 0300 123 2253. I called on Monday and got nothing, then called today and got told my letter was posted on the 6th. As far as I know the contact e-mails are for all applicants.
Thanks again! I got the following response from HO today:

"Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 12 th August 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker."

Does this mean my application has not been decided yet?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:22 pm

kb8551 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:20 pm
bmstein wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm
kb8551 wrote:
bmstein wrote:

Thanks again! I got the following response from HO today:

"Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 12 th August 17, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker."

Does this mean my application has not been decided yet?
It is almost a generic reply . We all got that we sent email. May be call them ?

massoud32
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by massoud32 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:25 pm

I emailed the Home Office today morning. I also used the email provided by MASS. I have not received any answer from them. The Home office did not give me any information when i called them again. They say we used the same website as you used and its not available now. Wait for 6 month.
I saw the people applied the same time as me got their letters and also the people who saw decided as well on 1st and 2nd December got their letters. It makes me really worry if they sent the letter and the letter is lost! Have no idea!