ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA Entepreneur - Refused

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gianig
Newly Registered
Argentina

VISA Entepreneur - Refused

Post by gianig » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:37 pm

I'm part of a Entrepreneurial TEAM, i have my visa for entrepreneur tier1.

My business partner was refused to obtain the Entrepreneur VISA, and when she applied using the same funds and the same information (because is possible to apply with a maximum of 2 entrepreneurs using the same funds) she received the follow letter:

You state that you wish to travel to the UK for the purposes of jining your business partner, xxxxxxx who has received entry clearance under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route.
I note that you are married to a person by the name XXXXX . As you have applied under the Tier 1 partner route, and inted to join what apers to be your business partner. There is no facility which could accommodate your intended purpose of travel and you would therefore need to qualify under your own right. <<< what means this?

Given the above i have refused your visa application on this occasionbecause i am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of paragraphs 245DB and 245DD of the inmigration rules.

Future applications:

any future uk visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits,<<< what means this? however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: VISA Entepreneur - Refused

Post by bizman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:33 am

gianig wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:37 pm

My business partner was refused to obtain the Entrepreneur VISA, and when she applied using the same funds and the same information (because is possible to apply with a maximum of 2 entrepreneurs using the same funds) she received the follow letter:

You state that you wish to travel to the UK for the purposes of jining your business partner, xxxxxx who has received entry clearance under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route.
I note that you are married to a person by the name XXXXX . As you have applied under the Tier 1 partner route, and inted to join what apers to be your business partner. There is no facility which could accommodate your intended purpose of travel and you would therefore need to qualify under your own right. <<< what means this?

Given the above i have refused your visa application on this occasionbecause i am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of paragraphs 245DB and 245DD of the inmigration rules.

Future applications:

any future uk visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits,<<< what means this? however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.
How much did you invest when you applied. I guess it is 200k. You were granted visa based on your 200k investment. It is expected that if you were a team, you would have applied at the same time.It is not acceptable that you apply differently. If you are a team you should have applied jointly so that the CV could consider your applications as a team. She will need to get her own funds and apply alone.
Bizman

gianig
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by gianig » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:39 am

Thanks for your answer. But is about the funding the letter? Because i understand probably is a mistake that she don’t offer the facilities for the accomodation because was registered the same address to me for the residence in uk.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 am

As a team, you always need to apply together. Did you apply from same country?
Bizman

gianig
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by gianig » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:18 am

Yes from the same country.

Do you think that The reason explained in the letter are about the funding? Or why you said it?

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:45 am

Its sounds like the funding. HO is weary of entrepreneur funding other potential entrepreneur, if she have her own funds. She can get visa.
Bizman

gianig
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by gianig » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 am

But in the message where you read about is a funding problem?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:10 am

gianig wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:37 pm

You state that you wish to travel to the UK for the purposes of jining your business partner, xxxxxxx who has received entry clearance under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route.

Future applications:

1. When did you apply and receive your own Visa ?
2. Did you indicate you were part of the entrepreneurial team in your application ?
3. Did you explain the reason for the delay in the T1E application of your partner ?
4. "purposes of jining your business partner" and "Tier 1 partner" are phrases that are surprising. Which application form did your partner use to apply for this visa ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:47 am

You cannot later join a business partner in the UK. Under Tier 1E rules, business partners must apply together for initial visa. :!: Such person must apply on their own with their own money and evidence.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:48 pm

I have pointed this out to you that as Zimba said. You have applied differently, you were treated as individual applicant. You need to have put in the application in together. This is according to immigration rule.
Bizman

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:52 pm

I don't see any requirement that both applicants have to apply at the same time.

In fact, the guidance caters for the fact that the applications may be made at different times.

It says:

52. It is important to note that the Immigration Rules are subject to revision and update. Therefore, if there is a time-lag between the submission of your own application and that of your entrepreneurial team member, any changes to the Immigration Rules that take place during a period between applications may affect your ability to apply as an entrepreneurial team.

But it is absolutely important that the team members are named in each others application form. So, if one of the entrepreneurs applied on their own initially, they cannot be made part of the team later. But if the team member has been named in the initial application, then the team member can apply on a later date.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:21 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:52 pm
I don't see any requirement that both applicants have to apply at the same time.

In fact, the guidance caters for the fact that the applications may be made at different times.

It says:

52. It is important to note that the Immigration Rules are subject to revision and update. Therefore, if there is a time-lag between the submission of your own application and that of your entrepreneurial team member, any changes to the Immigration Rules that take place during a period between applications may affect your ability to apply as an entrepreneurial team.

But it is absolutely important that the team members are named in each others application form. So, if one of the entrepreneurs applied on their own initially, they cannot be made part of the team later. But if the team member has been named in the initial application, then the team member can apply on a later date.

You just nailed it. My suspision was that the other partner was not mentioned in this mans application. they cant apply differently and use same fund
Bizman

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:10 am

I think OP post was clear that the 'partner' was a business partner OUTSIDE the UK and there was an attempt to gain entry clearance. The refusal letter said: You state that you wish to travel to the UK for the purposes of joining your business partner...."
That is not allowed under the rules.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice