ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 General - Need clarification - Settlement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2GeneralSam
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 general dependent Visa - Need Help and clarification

Post by Tier2GeneralSam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:33 am

Hi, I have got my Tier 2 general dependent visa and its say "PBS dependent Restricted No Den/ Training. No Sport".

Can anyone please let me know if i can work with the current observation. The reason i had this question was I have read in the forums that it says PBS dependent Restricted Work, while i dont see the same in my visa

Regards
AA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general dependent Visa - Need Help and clarification

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 am

You can do ANY work EXCEPT as a Dr or Dentist in training or a sports person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier2GeneralSam
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 general dependent Visa - Need Help and clarification

Post by Tier2GeneralSam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:30 am

Thank you very much for the quick help

Regards
AA

Tier2GeneralSam
Newly Registered
India

tier 2 General - Need clarification - Settlement

Post by Tier2GeneralSam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:54 am

Hi, Is it specified anywhere in the Visa Vignette that the TIer 2 General leads to settlement. In the letter from HO it says the Visa vignette has a standard or Non Standard phrase, my visa does not have any of these mentioned. Can you anyone clarify if the tier 2 general leads to settlement in 5 years.

Regards
AA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: tier 2 General - Need clarification - Settlement

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:58 am

Tier2GeneralSam wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:54 am
Hi, Is it specified anywhere in the Visa Vignette that the TIer 2 General leads to settlement. In the letter from HO it says the Visa vignette has a standard or Non Standard phrase, my visa does not have any of these mentioned. Can you anyone clarify if the tier 2 general leads to settlement in 5 years.

Regards
AA
Your visa vignette or BRP card WILL NOT state it 'leads to settlement', it will ONLY state the category of visa you hold, i.e. Tier 2 General Partner or PBS Dependent for example. The letter is usually 'generic' and what the visa states depends on what has been applied for.

Tier 2 General and dependents leads to ILR if the requirements are met, as stated in the Immigration Rules.

Also, please refrain from starting a new topic with each question you have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier2GeneralSam
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tier2GeneralSam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 am

Ok, thanks for the reply. In the letter sent to me , It clearly mentions that if the Vignette has a standard phrase it mean the settlement will be in 5 years and if its mentioned as Non standard it means the setllement route is 10 years. Can you please check if this means anything else

regards
AA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 am

What exactly, word for word, does your visa state?

The letter is generic, likely everyone gets the same letter with the same wording. You are overthinking this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tier2GeneralSam
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tier2GeneralSam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am

Here are words in the letter

Where the endorsement on you vignette includes the phrase

Standard
It means that you are on a 5 year route to settlement

Where the endorsement on you vignette includes the phrase

Non Standard 1 - Because you satisfy the requirements on paragraph 3.1 of Appendix FM

Non Standard 2 - Because you satisfy the requirements on paragraph 3.1 of Appendix FM

It means that you are currently on a 10 year route to settlement

Regards
AA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:32 am

You are on a PBS Dependent visa. What the 'non standard' phrases say are IRRELEVANT to you. It is is a STANDARD and GENERIC letter and NOT specific to YOUR visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tier2GeneralSam
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tier2GeneralSam » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:33 am

Thanks. I have another question on settlement, I was on a Tier 2 ICT from 2012 - 2017. I came back after completing 5 years and now returning on Tier 2 General. Is there any way to use the 5 years spent on Tier 2 ICT to get ILR. I dont want my 5 years to be waste. Please advice .

Regards
AA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:07 am

Tier2GeneralSam wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:33 am
Thanks. I have another question on settlement, I was on a Tier 2 ICT from 2012 - 2017. I came back after completing 5 years and now returning on Tier 2 General. Is there any way to use the 5 years spent on Tier 2 ICT to get ILR. I dont want my 5 years to be waste. Please advice .

Regards
AA
You stated you were on Tier 2 Dependent visa in your first topic and now you say 'Tier 2 General'. ICT visa after April 2010 DOES NOT lead to ILR based on 5 years residence. You can only use this towards ILR based on 10 years long residence, provided you meet ALL the requirements. So you will still need 5 years residence on your current visa before you can apply for 10 years ILR.

You also cannot combine different visa categories to make up 5 years for ILR based on 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tier2GeneralSam
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tier2GeneralSam » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:01 am

Thanks