ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa Financial Requirement Currently Working Abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GreenWells
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Settlement Visa Financial Requirement Currently Working Abroad

Post by GreenWells » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:04 am

My wife is a Chinese citizen and I am a British citizen. We both currently work in China.

We want to apply a settlement UK visa for her. Our plan is both to move back to UK.

In my current job in China I make 35K GBP per year and hold about 17K gbp savings
She earns around 22K GBP per year in her China job.

Our plan is to get her a UK settlement visa and then both quit our China jobs, then move to UK together and start looking for suitable jobs.

Neither of us currently have offer letters for UK employment.

Today, can we meet the financial requirement for UK settlement visa?

Thank you so much for clarification. :D

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Settlement Visa Financial Requirement Currently Working Abroad

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:23 pm

GreenWells wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:04 am
My wife is a Chinese citizen and I am a British citizen. We both currently work in China.

We want to apply a settlement UK visa for her. Our plan is both to move back to UK.

In my current job in China I make 35K GBP per year and hold about 17K gbp savings
She earns around 22K GBP per year in her China job.

Our plan is to get her a UK settlement visa and then both quit our China jobs, then move to UK together and start looking for suitable jobs.

Neither of us currently have offer letters for UK employment.

Today, can we meet the financial requirement for UK settlement visa?

Thank you so much for clarification. :D
You don't appear to meet income requirements at present.

As you are living and working abroad, you are required to show the following:
Proof of overseas earnings over a 12 month period prior to submitting the application of at least £18,600 p.a (you meet this).
AND
A written offer of employment in the UK to start within 3 months of arrival, again meeting the minimum income level of £18,600 p.a

Your wife's earnings won't qualify.
The first £16,000 of savings will be disregarded

Alternatively, you can re-locate to the UK and once you have evidence of 6 months of employment at £18,600 pro rata, you can then submit your wife's spouse settlement visa application to join you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

GreenWells
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GreenWells » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:46 am

Thank you Casa

If I relocate to UK and work for 6 months then my wife applys which takes another 3 months. This will mean 9 months apart. Very tough for us.

To be quicker, is it possible I apply under:
Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK

In this way I only need to provide a UK work contract which is over 18600 GBP. And also proof of
my previous 12 months earning showing over 18600GBP.

My overseas earnings were 35K GBP for 12 months, so I can show 18600 in the past 12 months as long as I can get a UK work contract within a months of returning to UK.

So the time apart from my wife will be the time to get the work contract (maybe 2 months) plus 3 months visa application time. Total 5 months apart from my wife.

Is my understanding correct?

GreenWells
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GreenWells » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:14 am

I cannot delete the above post and it has an error so I will say here:

Thank you Casa

If I relocate to UK and work for 6 months then my wife does the application which takes another 3 months. This will mean 9 months apart. Very tough for us.

To be quicker, is it possible I apply under:
5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

Example If I move to UK in february 2018 and get a job contract with a new employer for 35K GBP.
Can my wife then submit the financial requirement evidence,
1) my new work contract showing 35K GBP
2) Evidence that I earned 35K gbp between Jan - Dec 2017 from my job in China. If my wife does the application in March 2017 then we will show 18600 in the previous 12 months (meaning March 17 to March 18).

Can we do it this way? Or am I technically 'not resident in UK' in this way?

Thank you

GreenWells
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GreenWells » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:52 am

Bump.

Any help would be appreciated.

Very nervous here as our application has taken 56 working days so far and we still have not got an answer.
Would a rejection take this long?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:03 am

GreenWells wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:52 am
Bump.

Any help would be appreciated.

Very nervous here as our application has taken 56 working days so far and we still have not got an answer.
Would a rejection take this long?
I'm confused. I'd understood that you were intending to submit an application, not that you were awaiting a decision. What evidence of finances have you submitted :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.