ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which embassy to go to for multiple Schengen country visa?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Natasja
Newly Registered

Which embassy to go to for multiple Schengen country visa?

Post by Natasja » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:20 pm

I am visiting Italy (6 days), France (5 days), Spain (2 days) and Portugal (3) days in one trip in May/June. According to what I have read, this means I will have to apply for my Multiple Entry Schengen visa in Italy as I will be spending most of my time there. However, I would like to visit Germany for 3 days in April as well.

Should I still go to the Italian embassy for the multiple entry schengen, asking that it should start in April (to be able to enter Germany), or can I go to the German embassy and also show proof of the planned trips to Italy, France etc. and ask them for a multiple entry visa?

What I basically want to know is, do I go to the embassy of the country where I will be spending the most time, or the one that I visit first?

gani999

Post by gani999 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:08 pm

You can do whatever is convenient for you. As far as I know, a Schenegan tourist visa allows you to spend 90 days in the Schenegan area, no matter where you may be. It does not matter which Consulate issues you the visa.

If I were you, I would apply for a visa at the Consulate of the country where I will be spending most of my time.

Natasja
Newly Registered

Post by Natasja » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:15 pm

gani999 wrote:You can do whatever is convenient for you. As far as I know, a Schenegan tourist visa allows you to spend 90 days in the Schenegan area, no matter where you may be. It does not matter which Consulate issues you the visa.

If I were you, I would apply for a visa at the Consulate of the country where I will be spending most of my time.
Thanks for this reply. I'm just scared that if I should go to the Italian consulate, they will tell me that they can't start the schengen in April, and that I have to go to the German consule and get a single entry for the days I will be spending there, which will mean that I have to pay two visa fees.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Schengen countries would like (or require) you to apply;

1. at the embassy of the country you first enter
or
2. at the embassy of the country where you will spend most of your journey

They get a bit grumpy if you apply at (e.g.) the French embassy and first enter in Germany and not even travel to France. So, you can apply at the German embassy as you are going to Germany first, and then you should ask for a multiple-entry visa valid long enough for you to travel to the other countries. If you have already paid for these trips, you can show proof of it.

You could apply at the Italian embassy, but I would go to the German embassy.

However, some embassies are just arsey about issuing visas - the Spanish embassy is known to be tough, rude and somewhat unsympathetic and don't want to give visas valid for a long time. The French embassy are nicer, but I don't know about the German embassy or Italian embassy - it might depend on how much documentation you provide.

TinTinTin

Post by TinTinTin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:48 pm

Try france, they will give you multiple entry for a period of time. Apply with a 6 month or 1 yr Travel insurance and u mgiht get a Sch Visa for a longer duration.

Muddy Waters
Newly Registered

Post by Muddy Waters » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:50 pm

sakura wrote:
However, some embassies are just arsey about issuing visas - the Spanish embassy is known to be tough, rude and somewhat unsympathetic and don't want to give visas valid for a long time. The French embassy are nicer, but I don't know about the German embassy or Italian embassy - it might depend on how much documentation you provide.
What happened to the common Schengen policy? I thought all Schengen embassies should apply the same conditions throughout the area :?