ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should be the main destination for Schengen?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Natasja
Newly Registered

What should be the main destination for Schengen?

Post by Natasja » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:50 pm

I am visiting Italy (6 days), France (5 days), Spain (2 days) and Portugal (3) days from May to June. According to what I have read, this means I will have to apply for my Multiple Entry Schengen visa in Italy as I will be spending most of my time there. However, I would like to visit Germany for 3 days in April as well.

Should I still go to the Italian embassy for the schengen, asking that it should start in April (to be able to enter Germany), or can I go to the German embassy and also show proof of the planned trips to Italy, France etc. and ask them for a multiple entry visa?

What I basically want to know is, do I go to the embassy of the country where I will be spending the most time, or the one that I visit first?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Try Germany first. The rest is a separate trip.

Natasja
Newly Registered

Post by Natasja » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:12 pm

But will the German embassy give me a multiple entry visa so that I can use it for the trip in May/June, if I show them the hotel bookings and flights?

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:32 pm

This is a double posting. (Bad newbie!)

The topic should be answered in the Europe forum with her original post here.

Natasja
Newly Registered

Post by Natasja » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:34 pm

I know! I only realised afterwards that I had posted my question in the wrong forum. I can't work out where to delete this (wrong) post.. :oops:

indian_uk

Post by indian_uk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Well I had a same case. I applied in German embassy and they only gave me three days multiple entry visa and then I applied again in France embassy anf got three month multiple entry visa.