ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA PROCES

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Louisesko1
Denmark

Declaration letter under directive 2004/38 ec

Post by Louisesko1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Hello

Can anyone here link, to a valid website, where I can see wich documents there are required when you want to apply for a spouse visa under directive 2004/38 ec?

Should I write a declaration letter for my husband, he is non eu citizen, to join me under directive 2004/38 Ec

I have been reading that the embassy suggest this declaration letter as a required documents to confirm that i want my husband, who's actually a family member of eu citizen, to join me.

Thx for your answers

Louisa

Louisesko1
Denmark

Directive 2004/38 Ec spouse visa Application

Post by Louisesko1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Hello every buddy
Help help pls

I want to confirm and be convinced of the directive 2004/38 free movement can it be applied directly when the Eu-citizen move to another country with the intention to or not to settle ?
I heared that u must arrive for at least two weaks for the non eu spouse to can lodge the visa application under directiv 2004/38 Ec to join the spouse

Can the non eu apply for a spouse visa under directive 2004/38 from outside Eu with the intention to join the spouse who arrives one day before in the planing itinerary to the host eu country ??
Mind you that i want to apply that i will travel in the 27 of the next december and my wife arrives at 26 with those documents
1- marriage certaficate legalized by minsitry of extrernal affaires also by the embassy & translated
2-my original passports and copy of the eu pass
3- my eu spouse reserved air ticket only One way from Dk to belgium where i want to apply
also my reserved Airtickets (go and back )
4 health insurance covers all the days
5 - decleration letter from Eu spouse for non eu to join

Any answer would be appreciated it
Rami og Louisa

mgb

Re: Directive 2004/38 Ec spouse visa Application

Post by mgb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:54 pm

If the eu citizen for instance pick up the family member at the airport the precondition join is fullfilled.
There is no time frame defined for the eu citizen to stay in the guest country beforehand.
Join is join.

1. you need a translation only if the embassy don't understand the language of the document. Maybe you need a translation in the guest country for applying for a residence card.

4. the first 3 month are unconditional. Therefore no proof of health insurance needed.

5. either tickets (one way) or a decleration letter

Louisesko1
Denmark

Post by Louisesko1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 pm

Thx #mgb for replay , your anwser made my breath back a bit
Cause I was surprised when this Private Company TLS send me one requirements Document after i fixed the appointement mention that in french
1-you have to proove that you are accompanying the Eu citizen , or one belgian who moves back after exercised his free movement in other host country member after 3months : airtickets with the both names on it

Now First i noticed that the word ( JOIN ) didnt mentioned it at All in this requirement .
So im not meeting at all this requirement as my spouse is gonna travel alone and wait for me to join her later
All briefly I cant understand why they just required things seem difficult for the applicant and never speek about things are already in The Eu index for visas as ( Join a spouse ) not only accompany .

Sorry for repeat almost the query cause im really confused
Thx again

Louisesko1
Denmark

Post by Louisesko1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:31 am

So this means:

Im a European citizen. Im a Danish citizen but just moved to Sweden. My husband i non European.

So if I travel to Belgium, then my husband can get a Visum and join me????????????????

mgb

Post by mgb » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Yes.

Louisesko1
Denmark

Post by Louisesko1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Okey! Thanks for your answer.

But when you apply for a visa like this, is it then under the "EU rules" - I mean would it also take 14 days to treat the visa application????

Im wondering how long its necessary to stay in Belgien.

It doesnt matter if im staying one day or eight days before my husband join me???

Thx for answer

mgb

Post by mgb » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:27 pm

If you want to join your husband in Belgium you want to join your husband in Belgium.
It is maybe advisable not to book flight tickets beforehand. If something goes wrong the money is gone.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Questions to help you find an answer Louisesko1...

1. Where do you live?

2. Where does your husband live?

3. Mode of travel and departure / destination?

4. Will your husband accompany you during your travel?

mgb

Post by mgb » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:48 am

If Louisesko1 want to join her husband your questions doesn't matter.
The directive speaks clearly about join or accompany.
Only in her home country the directive is not applicable.

Louisesko1
Denmark

Spouse visa application AMBASSy

Post by Louisesko1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:19 am

We have been filling an appliction for my husbands spouse visa and ordered a time.

In the question 21 it says: What is the main purpose of the visit? Then I have checking Others and have been writing: Directive 2004/38 Spouse Visit

Is that correct?

When you are having your appointment at the ambassy is it possible to chang in the application at that time. If they for example say: Oh you should change this???

Thx for answer

Louisesko1
Denmark

Re: Spouse visa application AMBASSy

Post by Louisesko1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Noone knows ????

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:12 am

Spouse visit sounds not so good.
Maybe directive 2004/38 family member or such thing.
If your husband is a family of a eu citizen there is no need to change the application.
Field 34 and 35 of the application form didn't make it to the form by mistake.

Louisesko1
Denmark

Post by Louisesko1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:22 am

HEY Everyone!!!!
I have been using my right to move to another eu country. Im danish citizen and lives now in Sweden.

My husband and I are going to apply for a spouse visa under EU rules.
We have a question into the application.

Question nr 21:
"Main purpose of the journey":

Should we

1) Check on "Visiting family or friends"

OR

2) Check on "Others" and write "Directive 2004/38 EC (Family member of EU citizen)

Thx for answers

Louisa&Rami

Louisesko1
Denmark

Post by Louisesko1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:25 am

Can anyone answer very clear on this?????

mgb

Post by mgb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:18 pm

If you want to bypass the directive check "visit family and friends".
I guess schengen law is not so favourable.

Louisesko1
Denmark

Post by Louisesko1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Thanks so much for your answer.

What do you mean by: "Schengen law is not so favourable" ?

Louisesko1
Denmark

Post by Louisesko1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:50 pm

So to be sure:

In application we shall check: Others and after write Directive 2004/38 ( Family member of EU citizen)

mgb

Post by mgb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Louisesko1 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:08 pm
What do you mean by: "Schengen law is not so favourable" ?
You will get or refused a visa for what you are applying for.
"visit friends and family" is normally linked to a ordinary schengen visa.

Louisesko1
Denmark

Post by Louisesko1 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:57 am

Okey thank you.

In application we have now checked "Others" and have also been writing Directive 2004/38 (Family member of EU citizen).

We hope the now will know what we are applying for.

Louisesko1
Denmark

Cover letter directive 2004/38

Post by Louisesko1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Hello
I should write a cover letter for my husban to join me in Sweden (Im a danish citizen) under directive 2004/38.

Do you have some examples I could see????

Thanks so much

Louisa&Rami

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cover letter directive 2004/38

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:44 pm

You have already been asked twice to refrain from starting new topics with each question and to continue all questions in this topic.

europe-immigration-forum/help-spouse-vi ... l#p1573948

europe-immigration-forum/visa-aplicatio ... l#p1572139

This is the final time this request will be made. Kindly familiarise yourself with the forum rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Louisesko1
Denmark

VISA PROCES

Post by Louisesko1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:13 am

My husband and I have, for many months, been very frustrated. Because I am a European citizen and he is a non-European citizen. And now days, its so difficult to be united when you are apart. Immigration laws in Schengen area are tighter and tighter.
Personally I think its so unfair, that specific individuals can travel around the world. When they feel for it. And some others are sitting like a bird in his cage, waiting to be able to fly out. And sometimes this cage never opens - because there is some circumstance who keeps the door locked.
People, who try to get another life from third world countries, fails like everyone else. Maybe they dont even know they have been failing. Before its too late. Its like a holiday, when you, by the way, have the privilege to hold an EU passport. Maybe you enjoy it so much, and you want to stay a few days or a week more or yeah "you have things to do before you go home". In cases like this, the cage will probably be closed for a long period, maybe forever. If you are a non-EU citizen and have a dream to live in Europe. But the truth is, that you actually only are allowed to fail if you have one of the worlds most powerful passports.
Third world people are registered in SIS II or The National List Of Undesirable Foreigner - if the inner bird feels like to be free a little more. And this stamps - can destroy many plans in the future. Even in the special types on VISA, like Directive 2004/38.

My husband and I have, on our way, searched answers in special Immigration Groups like this one. Sometimes answers like this: "its unlikely that you can grant a visa in circumstances like this" can be very depressing. And answers like this can make you feel down. Maybe some people have been giving up before they even started the proces - because the answers here where negative.

This is not a criticism - but try to be critic when you are searching advises in immigration forums. People here are not immigrations laywers. People here are "only" amateurs.
My husband and I just granted a visa. Despite people here - and other forums - told us it was unlikely.

Regards

mgb

Re: VISA PROCES

Post by mgb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Where is your problem?
You got the advise to apply for a visa for the family of a eu citizen and it looks like your husgand got one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: VISA PROCES

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:26 pm

People here are not immigrations laywers. People here are "only" amateurs.
You are of course assuming an awful lot with these two statement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.