ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Maitenance Funds Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hdenniso
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 2 Maitenance Funds Question

Post by hdenniso » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Hello,

I have a quick question on maintenance funds. I have two bank accounts, both with Santander and they are linked. They were opened at the same time and one is used essentially so I can purchase items and take money out of an ATM, the other is the "main" account. The non-main one is connected to a Top-Up Debit Card.

This "main account" is where I've been keeping the £945 needed to prove maintenance funds. When I requested paper statements yesterday (the period will be from 14 September to 14 December), I noticed that from 25 until 28 September, my "main" account slipped to £936. I noticed this on 28 September and quickly transferred money over from my Top-Up account. Between the two accounts, I have always had over £945.

Can I submit statements from both accounts to prove that combined, I have always had above £945?

I am also struggling with the statements needed. The last time I requested paper statements, the ones sent were from the bank, but looked identical to print-outs from the internet. How can I prove that these were in fact paper statements mailed to me?

I called to request more statements and asked for them to be stamped this time and on official letterhead, but the guy on the phone did not seem to care/like he would do this. As I'm not in the UK, I'm having to have these statements mailed to my boyfriend, who then mails them to me as the bank refused to change my address to an international one. Because of this, I can't afford the time and money required to do this over and over until I get the correct statements needed.

Thank you all!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Maitenance Funds Question

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm

Yes, you can submit submit statements from two accounts showing the required balance .

hdenniso
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by hdenniso » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:33 pm

moonlight55 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 pm
Yes, you can submit submit statements from two accounts showing the required balance .
Thank you for aleviating my anxiety related to that question!

I am still curious how to ensure the Home Office will understand the statements to be official paper statements, but I appreciate your help with part of my post!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Personally, I think its unlikely they will stamp the print out and post it. You can get it stamped if you visit the bank personally (which I guess is not possible in your case).

In my opinion, online statements should suffice as long as they show your name, address and bank account numbers. Maybe someone with similar experience can comment.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:30 am

Why can't you get a letter from Sponsor that they will cover and supppor your expenses for initial month

But if you wish to submit bank accounts, you can submit both statements and just highlights the latest balances on both with a marker. If you wish provide a declaration as well that you have 2 accounts which you are submitting

hdenniso
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by hdenniso » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:52 am

sptula wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:30 am
Why can't you get a letter from Sponsor that they will cover and supppor your expenses for initial month

But if you wish to submit bank accounts, you can submit both statements and just highlights the latest balances on both with a marker. If you wish provide a declaration as well that you have 2 accounts which you are submitting

That is simply not something I felt comfortable asking. My potential employers have gone above and beyond and fought to sponsor me, as my profession is very rarely sponsored, it is rare that a local Council sponsors applicants, and it is doubtful that the RCoS will be approved. I am thoroughly grateful for what they have done so far, thus asking for this felt like asking for too much.

I will submit the two statements if allowed to make my application and hope for the best. I am unsure if marking documents is allowed, but if so I will highlight the closing dates and amount shown then.

Thank you for your help! :)