ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship approved within 5 weeks

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qore5
BANNED
South Africa

Citizenship approved within 5 weeks

Post by qore5 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Hey all, 1st of all I would like to thank every one on the forum for any help and advice they provided me.
I found the website very helpful, and followed some peoples timelines and issues.
I also found that not many people post on here after they received their approval and any issues they had.
I received my approval letter today, within 5 weeks of receiving the confirmation letter from the HO.
I am so surprised and happy, knowing that the average application takes 6 months. I was not expecting this turn over.

My application as I thought was not straight forward.
I have 2 ccj's on my credit file with 1 being quite recent. After receiving some advice online from a Immigration solicitor and some advice on here I felt more confident applying for it.
I also had to wait almost 2 months for my National Insurance contributions from HMRC for the last 10 years as I did not have all of my work history like payslips etc.
I had a child passport from South Africa with my ILR stamp and also had an adult passport that expired in 2016 and did not renew it.
I consider myself very lucky.
Good luck to every one waiting on their decision.

Take care.

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship approved within 5 weeks

Post by coltam82 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:23 am

Wow, have you got some inside contacts lol!!!
Ive submitted on the 23rd October 2017 for my wife and myself, but have not heard anything back as yet.
Both South africans , luckily the kids have there BP already.
Blows my mind how some are lucky and other have to wait months

qore5
BANNED
South Africa

Post by qore5 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Haha it would seem like that. I think its just hit and miss sometimes.

Hopefully you will hear back soon and have your passports, then you can relax and not think about it anymore.

Also, go on a holiday without being treated like a 2nd class citizen :D

tintin91
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by tintin91 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the good news. Some hope is needed, sometimes!