ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent Visa - Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uqhchow1
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent Visa - Query

Post by uqhchow1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Dear all,

It has been a month that I am working as a postdoc in one of the UK universities on PBS tier 2 (general) visa. I got my visa from Brisbane, Australia (I did my PhD from the University of Queensland). Now I would like to bring my wife and son to me on tier 2 dependant visa. They were living in Brisbane with me when I was doing my PhD but they are now in my home country. They will apply from my home country.

Could anyone please let me know whether I should provide my UK bank statement showing (630X2) GBP in my account for 90 days for them or my wife needs to have this amount for 90 days in her account?

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.

PS. My wife has still an active bank account in Australia which has the required money (~ $3000 AUD) for more than three consecutive months. Do you think my wife can submit this australian bank statement as a proof of maintenance fund for herself plus my son (~630x2 GBP)? Or do I also need to provide my UK bank statement showing this money in my account for 90 days?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 dependent Visa - Query

Post by moonlight55 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:51 pm

One source will suffice - either hers or yours.