ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) PARTNER OR PARENT???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djoli1313
Newly Registered
Ukraine

FLR(FP) Partner 10 years route

Post by djoli1313 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 am

Good morning everyone! I’m new here, so if I’m posting in wrong place sorry about that. I would like to get some maybe advise on our situation. Situation is my partner is non eu and he previously has been married to eu person but their relationship didn’t work out and they split and get divorced, so he applied for rights of residency( I’m not really sure the correct name), but HO didn’t believe him that their marriage was genuine abd he gets advice from solicitor to apply to appeal, problem is he doesn’t know where is his ex-wife and with out her he can loose the case. On other side we were dating since their split and now we have British child and we are living together but solicitor told us that we need to apply for 10 year rout as a parent then partner. As we haven’t got full 2 years of proof living together but we have som holiday booked in that period and obviously I was already pregnant that time and he supported me. So ??? Is what we supposed do apply for parent or partner and what we need to do about court, which is in spring 2018??? Please any knowledge in this would be much appreciated as I am completely lost now. Thank you 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(FP) Partner 10 years route

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:20 am

You cannot apply for the PARENT route if you are in a relationship and living with the child's other parent. The parent route is for single parents NOT in a relationship with the other parent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

djoli1313
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by djoli1313 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

This my position as well but solicitor told us that we haven’t got enough proof of 2 years, so no chance. I don’t want to lie as we are a couple and these is genuine relationship and if we need to go to a court then I know where I’m staying. What we need to do about court?? Do we need to let them know that he is applying for different type of visa or after if we can get anything???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:42 am

How long was your partner married to the EU citizen?

What date was the divorce finalised?

What is your partners full immigration history of visas held in the UK?

What is your immigration status in the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

djoli1313
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by djoli1313 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 am

He was married for 3 years. Entered elegally. I think he received his decree absolute in may 2016, they stop living together since may 2015. I on ILR.

djoli1313
Newly Registered
Ukraine

FLR(FP) PARTNER OR PARENT???

Post by djoli1313 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Dear members and experts!!! Please I need help urgently. Me(on ILR) and my partner(waiting for court relating to his previous relationship to eea person that HO thinks is was not geniune). We started dating with him since he split from his wife back in may 2015. he filled for divorce in december 2015 and get decree absolute spring 2016. We were living together but all his corespondence still was going to old address. We went to different solicitors and some of them saying one thing other different, so I am confused.Best what that they suggest to us is to apply as parent 10 year route, but its not what we are as we living together all this time , problem is that we no table completle proff 2 years in whole but most. I know have child, who is few months way from her 2 birthday dosen't prove that we lived together but we have prints of ours phone calls, lots of pictures. How to prove that bit to complete 2 years in other way??? What we should do in this horrible situation??? Should we notify court before applying for different route or tell them in advance???