ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmali

British Citizenship

Post by mmali » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Dear Friends,
I have been given discretionary leave based on article 8 in 2011 after my asylum application refusal.
I have extended my discretionary leave for the second time in 2014 and got my ILR in 2017.
There are two gaps of six months waiting time for decision.
I know when applying for Citizenship I should have my ILR for 12 months and should have been in the country for 5 years.
I my case does the Home Office ask any evidence of the six months waiting time that where I was or what I was doing …. etc.
This website helps me a lot through my application for IRL and I appreciate moderators assistance.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:18 pm

I my case does the Home Office ask any evidence of the six months waiting time that where I was or what I was doing …. etc
No as they can see your history and that you were waiting for the outcome of the application and that you were protected by Section 3C of the immigration rules if you submitted an application before your previous visa expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:35 pm

In my case do I need to wait for 12 months of ILR. And then apply for Citizenship at my own right.
I read something in the forum that a partenr of British Citizen can apply for British Citizenship straightaway after reciving ILR.
My wife is British Citizen and we are living to gather for almost 10 years now.Can i use her right to apply for British Citizenship?

Many Thanks CR001
Hope I can return your kindness

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:18 pm
I my case does the Home Office ask any evidence of the six months waiting time that where I was or what I was doing …. etc
No as they can see your history and that you were waiting for the outcome of the application and that you were protected by Section 3C of the immigration rules if you submitted an application before your previous visa expired.
In my case do I need to wait for 12 months of ILR. And then apply for Citizenship at my own right.
I read something in the forum that a partenr of British Citizen can apply for British Citizenship straightaway after reciving ILR.
My wife is British Citizen and we are living to gather for almost 10 years now.Can i use her right to apply for British Citizenship?

Many Thanks CR001
Hope I can return your kindness

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:48 pm

If your spouse is British, you can apply immediately once you have your ILR BRP provided you meet the requirements of 3 year residence as spouse of British citizen, the good character requirement etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:48 pm
If your spouse is British, you can apply immediately once you have your ILR BRP provided you meet the requirements of 3 year residence as spouse of British citizen, the good character requirement etc
My wife is British Citizen, but I got my discretionary leave after asylum application refusal. The court allowed my case under article 8 but the Home Office issued my all my discretionary leave under exceptional circumstances out immigration rule. Additionally I got my ILR using FLR(DL).I mean I have not got all my visa visa through spouse visa application.
Can I still apply to British Citizenship using my wife right as British citizen?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:08 pm

Additionally I got my ILR using FLR(DL).I mean I have not got all my visa visa through spouse visa application.
Can I still apply to British Citizenship using my wife right as British citizen?
Makes no difference. The rule does not state you must have got ILR through spouse visa route. It simply states your spouse must be British at the time YOU apply, if you meet the requirements and qualify for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:08 pm
Additionally I got my ILR using FLR(DL).I mean I have not got all my visa visa through spouse visa application.
Makes no difference. The rule does not state you must have got ILR through spouse visa route. It simply states your spouse must be British at the time YOU apply, if you meet the requirements and qualify for citizenship.
I got married outside UK in my native country, but I have my marriage certificate and my wife was already living in UK, when I came to UK I was not advised properly to do inside UK spouse application instead I went through all asylum process and finally got my ILR.
Is this will make a difference applying as a spouse of British citizen when applying for British nationality?
I mean my marriage is not registered in UK but we are married and living together and have my marriage certificate from my country which even at the time of asylum interview I submitted it along with VHS video cassette and photos to Home Office.

Thanks
i can not belive it how helpful is this forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 pm

Is this will make a difference applying as a spouse of British citizen when applying for British nationality?
No!!
I mean my marriage is not registered in UK

Makes no difference. There is no mandatory requirement to register a foreign marriage in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 pm
No!!

Makes no difference. There is no mandatory requirement to register a foreign marriage in the UK.
Thanks for all your guidance ,
You will not believe it that how much this is forum helped me through all the process of my ILR and now.
gave me peace of mind
Thanks alot

mmali

Post by mmali » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:37 am

mmali wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
No!!

You will not believe it that how much this is forum helped me through all the process of my ILR and now.
gave me peace of mind
Thanks alot
Dear Friend,
I applied for British Citizenship on 13/12/2017 and Home Office received my application on 14/12/2017.
I would like to know how will it take now a days to the decision to be made?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 pm

mmali wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:37 am
mmali wrote:
CR001 wrote:
No!!

gave me peace of mind
Thanks alot
Dear Friend,
I applied for British Citizenship on 13/12/2017 and Home Office received my application on 14/12/2017.
It can take a couple of months or it can take many months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmali

Post by mmali » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:32 pm

mmali wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:37 am
mmali wrote:
CR001 wrote:
No!!

gave me peace of mind
Thanks alot
Dear Friend,

Thanks
I applied for Citizenship through a solicitor ,He just sent the citizenship application not the passport,Is there any way i can send the passport application now so i can avoid the interview and save time?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:34 pm

mmali wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:32 pm
Thanks
I applied for Citizenship through a solicitor ,He just sent the citizenship application not the passport,Is there any way i can send the passport application now so i can avoid the interview and save time?
No you cannot. It is ONLY possible to apply for citizenship and passport jointly if you apply through NCS at the council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmali

Post by mmali » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:34 pm
mmali wrote:
Thanks
No you cannot. It is ONLY possible to apply for citizenship and passport jointly if you apply through NCS at the council.
Many Thanks,
Is the online application status checking service available still?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:40 pm

mmali wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:39 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:34 pm
mmali wrote:
Thanks
Many Thanks,
Is the online application status checking service available still?
No, it has been taken down since 8th December.
Char (CR001 not Casa)