ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adding a Cover Letter to Settlement Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Invisible2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Is My Application Pack Ready? UK Settlement Visa

Post by Invisible2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi everyone-

New to the forum and just getting my UK settlement visa application ready for submission next week.

My husband is currently living rent free in a mortgage free property owned and also inhabited by his brother, If my application is successful this is where I will be living with my husband until we find a place of our own to buy.

For the financial requirements we are using Cat A.

We have been married 8 years.

Does my list for supporting documents look complete? Any suggestions on additions or changes to make?

Applicant

Signed application form
Appendix 2
NHS surcharge payment reciept
TB Test cert
A1 life skills cert
Marriage cert and translated copy
Birth cert and translated copy
Current and previous passports

Sponsor

Cover letter
6 months bank statements
6 months payslips
Letter from employer
Copy of passport stamps from visits
photos together with time stamps and GPS through various times of marriage

Acommodation

Letter from property owner
Copy off land regestry confirming ownership
Copy of council tax bill for property

Is it worth adding signed and dated copy of property owners passport photo page?

Anything else?

Many thanks in advance for any input!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is My Application Pack Ready? UK Settlement Visa

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Try to also attach subsisting relationship evidence post marriage like phone calls, emails, whatsup chat, money transfer receipt, cards sent etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Invisible2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Invisible2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks seagull, just added copies of monthly money transfers between the 2 of us over the past 2 years.

Good call. I'm not adding personal chat logs as I think there is a right to privacy which must be respected.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Invisible2 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:40 pm
Good call. I'm not adding personal chat logs as I think there is a right to privacy which must be respected.
You are risking a visa refusal by not submitting evidence of subsisting relationship. There have been many refusals for this exact reason.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Invisible2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Invisible2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 pm
Invisible2 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:40 pm
You are risking a visa refusal by not submitting evidence of subsisting relationship. There have been many refusals for this exact reason.
Married 8 years, evidence through photographs/screenshots of facebook that we have lived together for over 10 years and attended weddings, new years, funerals, birthdays etc together, monthly money transfer reciepts for past 2 years. I'm not really concerned about the subsisting relationship evidence to be honest. It's not as though it's an arranged marriage and we have spent 2 weeks together.

My main concern is the accomodation evidence to be honest, do you think that it's enough or anything else I should add?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:26 pm

I think HO is highly interested to see that post marriage when one partner is in uk and one is outside uk that how they maintaining their relation. Although personal visit to other partner country boost that fact but still ongoing relation like communication such as whatsup/viber chat, emails, etc can justify it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Invisible2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Adding a Cover Letter to Settlement Visa Application

Post by Invisible2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Tomorrow I will submit my online UK settlement visa application.

Included in the supporting documents are a cover letter from my husband, cover letter from my husbands employer and also a cover letter from my husbands brother who is the owner of the property I intend to stay at. Is it expected for me to also include a cover letter outlining my situation and why my application qualifies for a visa?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adding a Cover Letter to Settlement Visa Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:04 pm

You are overthinking. You don't need another letter outlining your situation. All the information HO want about you is in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Invisible2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Adding a Cover Letter to Settlement Visa Application

Post by Invisible2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:04 pm
You are overthinking. You don't need another letter outlining your situation. All the information HO want about you is in the form.
Hi CR001, thanks for that. I was thinking the same thing to be honest, it seems like overkill. I have just written one but on reflection after reading your post I think I will just ditch it. It is basically just repetition.

Right, I'm going to just leave everything as it is and bin the letter!

Thanks again. :D