ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application as a British parent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ziggy045
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Application as a British parent

Post by Ziggy045 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:35 am

Hello all, I made an application as a British parent in July , I did my biometrics in August and I provided my baby’s birth certificate in September( he was born in September) and then home office requested for my passport in October, I live with my partner and our baby, I want to know how long it takes for the home office to make a decision on my application and want to be sure if I did the right thing, Someone please help I’m going crazy!

vinny

Re: Application as a British parent

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:14 am

What's the status of your partner?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ziggy045
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ziggy045 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Thanks for your response vinny, my partner is British, I submitted the application with proof that we live together (not up to 2years) and proof of her earnings (over 18,600)

Ziggy045
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ziggy045 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Anyone here to help?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Ziggy045 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:18 pm
Anyone here to help?
If you applied under the FLR(FP) Parent route and are living with the mother of your child, this was an incorrect category. You should have applied under the FLR(FP) Partner 10 year route. :idea:

However, if you are an umarried partner you would need documented evidence of 2 years co-habitation in a relationship 'akin to marriage', How short are you in meeting the required 2 years?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ziggy045
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ziggy045 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:27 am

We’ve been living together for 10 months, Do you think i’ll Have a chance if I apply under partner route even know it’s less than 2 years but we have a child together who is British

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:10 am

Ziggy045 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:27 am
We’ve been living together for 10 months, Do you think i’ll Have a chance if I apply under partner route even know it’s less than 2 years but we have a child together who is British
In my opinion, 10 months is way too short for an application as an unmarried partner. The Case Worker may consider that as your baby is very young, you could easily settle as a family outside of the UK,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

djoli1313
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by djoli1313 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:31 am

Sorry to interrupt in this post but we have same case. Only is that we lived for more then 2 years but not enough prove for my partner at the same address. Our daughter will be 2 in feb and we will receive 2 council tax on March. Is that enough to prove 2 years? We have my partner other letters but from last August and of course we can show our phone calls time line with millions of our pictures trough out my pregnancy, birth and other social time. Do you think is possible explain all in letter???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 am

djoli1313 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:31 am
Sorry to interrupt in this post but we have same case. Only is that we lived for more then 2 years but not enough prove for my partner at the same address. Our daughter will be 2 in feb and we will receive 2 council tax on March. Is that enough to prove 2 years? We have my partner other letters but from last August and of course we can show our phone calls time line with millions of our pictures trough out my pregnancy, birth and other social time. Do you think is possible explain all in letter???
Please continue in your own topic you already have. It is considered rude to tag onto another members topic, it is unfair to the original poster and it creates confusion when members respond.

See also Point 12 in the summary of the forum rules (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

djoli1313
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by djoli1313 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:33 am

Thank you CR001 for correcting me.