ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got approval. How soon do I need to enter UK 4 first time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

me2
Newly Registered

Got approval. How soon do I need to enter UK 4 first time

Post by me2 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:38 pm

Hello all. I did entry clearance in New York in September 2004. Per my request, my HSMP approval visa is dated December 2 2004 until December 2 2005. It is now mid February and I have not entered the UK. Is there a deadline for arrival to the UK after the date established on HSMP visa. I have not travelled yet for personal reasons. I know that the longer I am in UK the better chances I have for HSMP extension. Is there a deadline for arrival after visa time starts running

Sher

Post by Sher » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:47 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3059
Asking this question is hazardous.
:wink: I am glad I do not travel by Ajay's tube !

You cld also get in touch with the UK consulate altho I recd. an evasive answer from 'em ....
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:51 pm

I have read somewhere that you are "expected" to arrive within three months of the stamp date. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get established before you have to start the FLR process (October or thereabouts for you).
If I were you, I'd be on a plane soon.

Sher

Post by Sher » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:53 pm

As per the information provided by those already on HSMP, the "3 month period to start" is a myth.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:17 am

you can arrive on the 1st of October if you like. the 3 months 'rule' is only in relation with applying for the EC. and like you say, it will be harder to prove your economic activity if you wait and wait, or rather it wont be giving yourself enough time to get a job, and also it would mean you will need to apply for a 2nd extension as you will not be able to meet the 4 year rule on ILR