ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mailing appeal documents need urgent help !!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vetri
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying for settlement spouse visa from chennai-india

Post by vetri » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:06 pm

c001 any feedback ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:22 pm

I don't have any knowledge of Indian marriage or court processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Hello C001 .... i have forgot the password for acc id vetri. Infact i even mailed twice to the administrator to reset my password . I didnt not receive any response. Will you be able to help me , please ? thanks

Regards
Vetri

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:00 am

Hello c001 , Do i have to take test as well do prove my language proficiency ? I am getting confusing statement from people's. I have already sent my docs for Naric red route assessment. Is Naric certificate on Language proficiency level will suffice or should i need to appear for Language test as well ... Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 am

You need EITHER a foreign degree with UK NARIC certificate OR an A1 English test.

You DO NOT need both.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi C001 ,

i was reading the immigration rule pretaining to family member evidence ... Can you please help me understand what the immigration is looking for ?

4. (d) To evidence maintenance payments (from a former partner of the applicant to maintain their and the applicant’s child or children or the applicant, or from a former partner of the applicant’s partner to maintain the applicant’s partner):
1. (i) Evidence of a maintenance agreement through any of the following:
1. (1) A court order;
2. (2) Written voluntary agreement; or
3. (3) Child Support Agency documentation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Are you applying for a child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:10 pm

No ...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Then surely that section is no relevant :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Thank you so much c001 . But i will be applying for him later on in that case what i should be aware about this clause from the immigration rules and what supporting docs or evidence i should submit to the HO ? thanks in advance for your response !!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:05 pm

Why are you not apply for the child at the same time?

Is it your child??

You cannot expect accurate advice if you don't provide all the relevant and important facts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Yes he is my son from my previous marriage. I cannot apply for him untill he is more than 5 yrs of age. As per indian law mother is the sole guardian of the child untill 5 yrs. My son is 2 yrs old now. And i have no legal rights to take him along with me as of now. And i am fighting for visitation rights currently. Later i have to apply for custody. Hope i answered your question.

Besides do i need to submit travel tickets ? while submitting the application ? And what the are the originals i should be sending to Sheffield ? I am not still clear whether VFS would just scan the documents or will ask me to send the original and supporting docs to HO ? ... Please clarify

Regards
Vetri

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Yes he is my son from my previous marriage. I cannot apply for him untill he is more than 5 yrs of age. As per indian law mother is the sole guardian of the child untill 5 yrs. My son is 2 yrs old now. And i have no legal rights to take him along with me as of now. And i am fighting for visitation rights currently. Later i have to apply for custody. Hope i answered your question.
Then you need to complete the form as required if you have a child that is from a previous marriage. To bring a child, you will also have a lot to prove. See immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Besides do i need to submit travel tickets ? while submitting the application ? And what the are the originals i should be sending to Sheffield ? I am not still clear whether VFS would just scan the documents or will ask me to send the original and supporting docs to HO ? ... Please clarify
HO clearly states not to make ticket bookings until you have the visa. Please follow the instructions you are given in the online process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:18 pm

C001 my ex wife deserted me while my son was 2 months old. She fled to her home town and filed a false case against me. And the court from her state had issued an order for maintainability to child and compensation to mother through ex-parte order. I have counter filed against the order to set aside. The case is still going on in her state. Meanwhile i did file for Restitution of conjugal rights well before she filed a case on me . The court in my state had said the marriage is null and void . I am using the court order and sentence from my state court to dispute the order from her state court. I am waiting for the visitation rights as of now. And I will soon file for a custody of my son as she has Cluster B Border line personality disorder reported by a psychologist.

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 pm
Then you need to complete the form as required if you have a child that is from a previous marriage. To bring a child, you will also have a lot to prove. See immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html

I am not applying for my son now. And i cannot apply for him untill i have the legal custody. And fighting for custody is a long battle. There is a lot of uncertainty tied to it. I am but confused here please help me . Is there any impact to my application having a child from previous marriage ?
HO clearly states not to make ticket bookings until you have the visa. Please follow the instructions you are given in the online process.

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:31 pm

can you assist me specific to the form that i should be filling if i had a child from previous marriage ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:33 pm

vetri81082 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:21 pm
Hi C001 ,

i was reading the immigration rule pretaining to family member evidence ... Can you please help me understand what the immigration is looking for ?

4. (d) To evidence maintenance payments (from a former partner of the applicant to maintain their and the applicant’s child or children or the applicant, or from a former partner of the applicant’s partner to maintain the applicant’s partner):
1. (1) A court order;
I was referring to your post, quoted above.

Not sure what your last post is asking about re form.
vetri81082 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:31 pm
can you assist me specific to the form that i should be filling if i had a child from previous marriage ?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:33 pm
vetri81082 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:21 pm
Hi C001 ,

1. (1) A court order;
I was referring to your post, quoted above.

Not sure what your last post is asking about re form.
vetri81082 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:31 pm
C001 if i understand it rightly the above immigration rules is applicable when i apply for my son ? Please correct me if i am wrong ? Right now i am in a situation where i cant apply for him due to legal implication. Should i be bothered about the above rule ? If yes, what forms, documents or evidence i should be submitting if any applicable ?

Also please let me know what are the originals , and what are the attested copies i should submit to the HO. I heard the sponser had to physically sign the passport copies and send the hard copies only and not the soft copies... What are the other supporting documents falls under this category, kindly help as i am planning to submit the application by end of Jan"18 the worst case ... Your are of a great help so far, huggs to you ....

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:28 pm

c001 awaiting for your guidance, please help ..thanks a lot

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:35 pm

In an earlier post you stated that you aren't applying for your child in this application. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Hello casa , Yes i am not applying for my son.

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm

This is the statement from c001 from the previous post from page 2 ....

"Then you need to complete the form as required if you have a child that is from a previous marriage. To bring a child, you will also have a lot to prove. See immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html"

All i need to what is the form i have to complete if i have a child from previous marriage ?
I am not bringing the child so i am ignoring "immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html"

Please advice ... thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:18 pm

If the form asks if you have a child from a previous marriage who you support, you need to declare it. Not doing so will create problems when/if you apply for the child as HO will question why this was not declared for this visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vetri81082
India

Post by vetri81082 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Of course I am declaring in the visa form that i have a child . Infact the sponsorship letter of my wife has the following statement ....Which is the clearance officers are kept well informed.

" We have been advised by my husbands lawyer that Indian courts favour the mother as a natural guardian while the child is young and until age of 5 yrs, and as of this date no conclusion has been reached to lay out his visitation rights for his son. Our intention will be on our holiday’s back to India to visit his family we will visit his son in his home town. He is not requesting any form of custody over his son. No court agreement has been reached over alimony/Child Maintenance yet by the lawyers or judge, however we are advised that the equivalent of £100 per months in rupees is standard payment."

Additionally iam attaching the indian supreme court order on child guardianship and custody when they are toddlers and young....

Weblink removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:38 pm

The point of me posting the link to 'Sole Responsibility' was for WHEN you get to the point of applying for his visa. HO are very strict about this regarding children. The Indian rules is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)