ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haseeb198
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UK Spouse Visa Application

Post by haseeb198 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi,

First of all apologies if it is in wrong group. I need a bit of your help. I am a British citizen and i am earning 19000 per annum. I have two dependents here in UK who lives with me. My younger brother and sister and they are European citizens. I get child benefits and tax credit for them. I am married now and i want to bring my wife here in UK. I do not have any children so will i be okay with 19K salary mark keeping in mind i have two European dependents here but they are not my children. I just get child benefit and tax credit for them. I am not sure if they will be considered my children and if they are considered my children as they are already in this country will i be okay with 19k salary to bring my wife here.

Thanks for your help

Zaynab09
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: UK Spouse Visa Application

Post by Zaynab09 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi,

You should be fine as you are ONLY sponsoring your wife.

You will need to provide the following:

Marriage Certifcate & translation if required
Last 6months bank statemnets
Last 6 months payslips
Employer letter
Accomodation- letter from landlord or if you live in your own property then proof of that. Alongside a property report
Whatsapp chat history
Lots of photos
TB certificate
A1 English test certificate.

I think that is all :)

haseeb198
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haseeb198 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Thanks @zaynab09 for your help on this.

haseeb198
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haseeb198 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:00 pm

2.2. However, where the application includes sponsorship of a child at the same time (or at
any time before the applicant reaches settlement), or where the sponsor is already
sponsoring a child, the minimum income threshold increases and there is a higher
financial requirement to be met.
2.3. The level of the financial requirement to be met in cases involving dependent children
varies and is determined by the number of children who already have leave, or are
applying for leave, at the date of application.

2.8. The financial requirement does not apply to a child who:
 Is a British Citizen (including an adopted child who acquires British citizenship);
 Is an EEA national (except where the child is a child of a former relationship and
does not have a right to be admitted to or reside in the UK under the Immigration
(EEA) Regulations 2006 or the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016);
 Is settled in the UK or who qualifies for indefinite leave to enter; or
 Qualifies under Part 8 or Appendix Armed Forces of the Immigration Rules in a
category to which the financial requirement does not apply.

This is what i have been able to get from home office website about meeting the financial requirements. To be honest i am bit confused in 2.3 it says that level of financial requirement varies by number of children who already have leave or are applying for leave, at the date of application. So i am presuming they mean even if you have dependent already here in the UK the amount will increase.

On the other hand in 2.8 it says that financial requirement does not apply to EEA national child. Since my brother and sister are EEA nationals (and already in the UK), financial requirement does not apply to them?

Very confused. Please help.

Kind Regards

Zaynab09
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaynab09 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Hey,

As far as I am as they are EU citizens the financial requirement does not apply to them.

The easiest way for me to explain is if you had a British or European child who you are responsible for the financial requirement is not reflected upon them similary in your case I don’t think your siblings count towards the requirement.

It is £18,600 per annum for your partner plus am additional £3,800 for the first non British/EU child and £2,400 for any child after.

I beleive you only need to show earnings of £18,600.

AbdulZ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AbdulZ » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Zaynb,

Could you please guide on how to acquire the property report?

I live in a house with the land lord, he is happy to allow my wife to stay in this house? he is happy to write it down in a paper.

Is that enough?

Regards,
Abdul

Zaynab09
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaynab09 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi,

For my husbands visa I got a letter from my parents stating I can stay in the property, fortuneatly for me my brother is a lawyer so he asked one of his colleagues to do the property report for our house.
It briefly stated how many rooms there are, the sizes, who resides in the property and weather it compromises the housing act 1985 for overcrowdin. The property report also had the d.o.b and passport numbers of all the occupants however I am not sure if that is necessary.

Thank you
Zaynab