ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa query IMP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reahmike
Newly Registered
India

Fiance visa query IMP

Post by reahmike » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all thank you everyone for helping me in this forum. I cant thank enough how much you guys have helped me through. I would continue to contribute my bit from my experience henceforth.

I have been granted my fiance settlement visa which has vignette from 11th December 2017 - 11th June 2018
. I have few important questions/doubts.

1) within how many days do I need to enter the UK from the fiance visa received? Is it 30 calender days? Where does it specify?

2) What to do after I enter into the UK? Do I need to collect BRP or something? I am not sure if that is the case for fiance visa.

3) what documents should I carry along with me to the UK? any recommendations?

4) Can I enter & exit the UK as it says Multiple entry on visa? I wish to visit schengen countries while I am in the uk.

Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance visa query IMP

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:38 pm

reahmike wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:27 pm
Hello everyone,

First of all thank you everyone for helping me in this forum. I cant thank enough how much you guys have helped me through. I would continue to contribute my bit from my experience henceforth.

I have been granted my fiance settlement visa which has vignette from 11th December 2017 - 11th June 2018
. I have few important questions/doubts.

1) within how many days do I need to enter the UK from the fiance visa received? Is it 30 calender days? Where does it specify? You can enter any time during the period issued on the visa. Bear in mind however that you need to marry in the UK and apply for a FLR(M) visa before the end of the 6 month period granted.

2) What to do after I enter into the UK? Do I need to collect BRP or something? I am not sure if that is the case for fiance visa. You don't need a BRP under a fiance visa.

3) what documents should I carry along with me to the UK? any recommendations? A valid TB certificate if applicable.

4) Can I enter & exit the UK as it says Multiple entry on visa? I wish to visit schengen countries while I am in the uk. You'll need a Schengen visa. Doubtful that this will be granted if you are only on a temporary 6 month visa.

Thanks in advance
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.