ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What will be the 3 years exension probability?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLR

What will be the 3 years exension probability?

Post by FLR » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:35 pm

Hi all,

I got my HSMP visa stamped on my passport last year, 18-Oct-2004 but could not land UK due to some personal reason. Now I want to go to UK in a month or so, what is the probability of 3 years extension?

Keeping in mind that I will have maximum 6 months in my visa expiry and I am not sure when I will have to apply for my extension?

Thanks,
Hafeez

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:55 pm

You will have to apply for your extention in the very latest by the 11th month. That gives you 5 months here in the UK.

What about the job scene? Do you have to come here and look for one? It might still be alright but You are cutting it a bit too close.

FLR

Post by FLR » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:01 pm

Thanks mwazir.

I have heard that I will have to apply 3-4 months before my visa expires so that leaves just 2 months with me to get job and show myself as socially/economically active.

I do not have any job/offer right now, I will come to UK and search for one. So what do you recken/ suggest me in these circumstances?

Ideally if I get a job there in two months and then apply for extension, will I be able to get it, any such example?

Thanks,
Hafeez

FLR

Post by FLR » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:11 pm

Kayalami and other experienced guys are requested to please reply to the above queries.

Thanks,
Hafeez

ford

Post by ford » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:18 pm

hafeez,

One thing you can start immdly is registering on a few of the UK jobsites, which will give you a headstart, and you can start attending interviews the moment you land in UK (Also please bear in mind that getting your first job without prior UK work exp is a real challenge).

Cheers.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:19 pm

This is one of those situation where there is no answer, but for you to travel the road ahead. The longer you stay out of the UK, the harder it gets to show economic activity; the better your professional, social and "street" skills, the quicker you'll get the job.

Please share with others once you embark on any specific experience.

Good luck with catching up!

FLR

Post by FLR » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:30 pm

Thanks.

I know that this will be hard for HO ppl to digest and give me extension but if I get a job and provide them some correspondence emails with the companies/ recruting firms etc.. then I think this will make sense to them as well. ?

BUT what I want to know is that "Is there any rule in regards to the amount of time one should be present in UK in order to apply for extension."

OR

it is sufficient for them to have a job at the time of apply for extension and provide them with some other details about the activities. ?

Thanks,
Hafeez

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:43 pm

There is no hard rule I know of. You should be able to convince a reasonable case worker that your stay in the country is economically viable. Just how much of actual work in the year preceding the extension should be shown is subject to a lot of factors, most of which you have no way of controlling. Just go for it.

Sher

Post by Sher » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:02 pm

# Gain a headstart.
1. Know the industries that r facing a shortage of workers. Focus on them. (my name has such a post to it)
2. Look for sample UK resumes and make yrs accordingly
3. Contact recruiters and line up interviews starting the very week u land.
# Take the first job that comes yr way.
# If u start paying yr taxes (unless exempt) by the time u apply for an extension, u shld be alright.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll: