ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aliraza_23

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by aliraza_23 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:54 am

sulimu wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:09 am
aliraza_23 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm
dylan_far wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:45 am
Hey everyone!

Just an update for you all...

We got a reply to our FLR (FP) application from August 31st 2016. We received a decision around October time this year and it was a refusal.

Luckily, as there was a recent court ruling on in-country appeals, we have the right to appeal within the UK and have instructed a solicitor. We had a date for the hearing and it's been adjourned, so hopefully, we should get a new date for around January time where we can put our case to a judge who will rule in our favour.

The case is pretty watertight, so hopefully, it shouldn't be a problem getting a judge to see reason.
Unluckily after waiting almost 1 year and 2 months got a refusal, they accept family life but raise an issue about TOEIC which doesn't make sense if you have a family life so same got the right of appeal and have 14 days so hopefully we will get the date

I recived a email from my solictor may be this will help u

Who Can Benefit:

1. All cases refused by the Home Office for relying on TOEIC

2. All cases where deception was alleged by the Home Office they may rely on the reasoning enunciated in this judgement.

3. Any one who has issues relating to Human Rights can make an unpaid application for leave to remain the UK. It is not a statutory requirement to pay for the Home Office fees in such cases.

4. It is to be explored that applicants removed from the UK due to TOEIC result should be reconsidered by the Home Office

Please contact us if you know anyone who has been a victim of TOEIC

By a unanimous decision, the Court of Appeal has allowed the appeal in Ahsan v The Secretary of State for the Home Department [2017] EWCA Civ 2009.

The background to the four appeals before the court can be summarised, in bare outline, as follows. The Immigration Rules require applicants for leave to remain in some circumstances to pass a test of proficiency in written and spoken English. The principal form of approved test is the "Test of English for International Communication" ("TOEIC") provided by a US business called Educational Testing Service ("ETS"). ETS's TOEIC tests have been available at a large number of test centres in Britain. The spoken English part of the test involves the candidate being recorded reading a text, with the recording then being sent to an ETS assessor for marking.

In February 2014 the BBC Panorama programme revealed that there was widespread cheating at a number of centres, in particular – though not only – by the use of proxies to take the spoken English part of the test. In response to the scandal, ETS at the request of the Home Office employed voice recognition software to go back over the recordings at the centres in question and try to identify cases in which it appeared that the same person had spoken in multiple tests and could thus be assumed to be a professional proxy. In reliance on ETS's findings the Secretary of State in 2014 and 2015 made decisions in over 40,000 cases cancelling or refusing leave to remain for persons who were said to have obtained leave on the basis of cheating in the TOEIC test.

All four Appellants, including our client, were the subject of decisions taken by the Secretary of State on the basis (or, in one case, partly on the basis) that they had cheated in TOEIC tests. All of them denied that allegation.
The primary question raised by these appeals was whether they could challenge the Secretary of State's decision (whether by judicial review or appeal) from within the UK or whether they can only do so by an appeal brought after they have left the country – a so-called "out-of-country appeal".

By a unanimous decision by the Court of Appeal bench, the appeal was allowed.

The Court of Appeal has also held that in the case, a certification of a human rights claim should be quashed, and the person should be allowed to appeal from within the United Kingdom.
Thank you I received the same email as well yesterday and I have apealed against this decision so let see when I will get the hearing date.

Very difficult time for me and my whole family!

aliraza_23

Post by aliraza_23 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:56 am

dylan_far wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:59 pm
Another update for you all...

We got a new date in for the appeal hearing, and it's in April. So it's off to the solicitor on Friday to look at our options, as April just isn't workable for us at all for a variety of reasons. I can already hear you all screaming at your screens "you've waited this long, get on with it!" but depending on what we decide regarding the hearing, I'll of course post an update 8)
Good Luck! :)

Nakapiripit
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Nakapiripit » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:51 pm

Kmkhaled wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:07 pm
Nakapiripit wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm
Kmkhaled wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 am
Nakapiripit wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:47 pm
I applied 31 March 2017 as parent of British child
The home office have now (december) returned my daughters passport to the solicitor. Does this mean my decision is coming soon??? Any one had this experience?
Only your daughter passport they returns? Should be some kind of letter they sent with they passport. Unless u asked for her passport return otherwise ukvi normally gave documents back after made decision. Best wishes from me...hop u get ur visa... let us know da update...
The solicitor said there was a letter saying they’re still dealing with the case I’m really worried
What's ur update....any luck ? Let us know... reason of ur daughter passport returns? Have u find out why they return ur daughter passport...?
Yes two weeks after returning daughters passport home office sent a social worker to my address😮
The thing is I live in my daughters fathers house but we’re no longer in a relationship. But I’m not sure what exactly raised the flags. Today I received letter from social worker saying she didn’t have any concerns and has closed the case. Lil unreal stuff. No heard from Home office again

Kmkhaled
United Kingdom

Post by Kmkhaled » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Nakapiripit wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:51 pm
Kmkhaled wrote:
Nakapiripit wrote:
Kmkhaled wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 am

Only your daughter passport they returns? Should be some kind of letter they sent with they passport. Unless u asked for her passport return otherwise ukvi normally gave documents back after made decision. Best wishes from me...hop u get ur visa... let us know da update...
The solicitor said there was a letter saying they’re still dealing with the case I’m really worried
What's ur update....any luck ? Let us know... reason of ur daughter passport returns? Have u find out why they return ur daughter passport...?
Yes two weeks after returning daughters passport home office sent a social worker to my address😮
The thing is I live in my daughters fathers house but we’re no longer in a relationship. But I’m not sure what exactly raised the flags. Today I received letter from social worker saying she didn’t have any concerns and has closed the case. Lil unreal stuff. No heard from Home office again
Home office staff been lazy to do there job...lol dts why they want social worker to do there job...i have no words to say...just best of luck...

Abiy
Newly Registered

Post by Abiy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi Everyone

Updates on my case

timeline:
Applied on: August 2016,under spouse route (two children under 5)
Bio metrics done: Nov 2016
Response: Granted leave to remain (30 months) in this month

Thank you Guys for ur support and information; Bathanza am personally grateful for all your effort to keep our spirit.

Moderators; thank you for providing this media, but you need to be tolerant to some frustrations we all are passing through.

Best Christmas Wishes everyone.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Bless you Abiy, congratulations and many best wishes to your family. Keep us in your prayers x

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Kmkhaled
United Kingdom

Post by Kmkhaled » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Abiy wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:09 pm
Hi Everyone

Updates on my case

timeline:

Thank you Guys for ur support and information; Bathanza am personally grateful for all your effort to keep our spirit.

Moderators; thank you for providing this media, but you need to be tolerant to some frustrations we all are passing through.

Congratulations...did home office asked you farther documents to sent in da mean time before approval...?

Olumba

Post by Olumba » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Abiy wrote:
Hi Everyone

Updates on my case

timeline:

Congrats. I shed tears of joy for you. What a wonderful way to celebrate xmas

Jay900
Mexico

Post by Jay900 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Is anyone here currently reporting to immigration centre while Waiting for their application

doctorsholly

Post by doctorsholly » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Jay900 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:57 pm
Is anyone here currently reporting to immigration centre while Waiting for their application
I have been reporting for 3yrs plus, now awaiting flr fp decision.

Olumba

Post by Olumba » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Jay900 wrote:
I started reporting sine 6 months ago and I am waiting for my application decision

Abiy
Newly Registered

Post by Abiy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:29 pm

bathanza wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:02 pm
Bless you Abiy, congratulations and many best wishes to your family. Keep us in your prayers x
Thank you,
Will Do Bathanza; just one more tip, I seek advise from another solicitor 2 weeks ago before I hear from home office and suggested to write a letter to home office (to your specific application center) mentioning about the delay and if they don't respond after a total of 18 months (whole period since time of application) it will be reasonable to go for judicial review. I suppose you might be aware of it. My time line is similar with yours except that children are not involved in your case.

let me know if you need more information regarding my case, Best wishes. God Bless.

Abiy
Newly Registered

Post by Abiy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Kmkhaled wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:22 pm
Abiy wrote:
Hi Everyone

Updates on my case

timeline:

Congratulations...did home office asked you farther documents to sent in da mean time before approval...?
We were not asked further documents; we had extensive documents to prove every statement we made.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Abiy wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:29 pm
bathanza wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:02 pm
Thank you,
Will Do Bathanza; just one more tip, I seek advise from another solicitor 2 weeks ago before I hear from home office and suggested to write a letter to home office (to your specific application center) mentioning about the delay and if they don't respond after a total of 18 months (whole period since time of application) it will be reasonable to go for judicial review. I suppose you might be aware of it. My time line is similar with yours except that children are not involved in your case.

let me know if you need more information regarding my case, Best wishes. God Bless.
Thank you, aware of this and it's the next action..bless you and keep well. X

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

mister123

Post by mister123 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Dear admins and fellow members,
I need your kind advise regarding my case.

I applied flr fp on 03 may 2017 (british wife and british child).

The thing is i came here on uk as family visitor when i applied as our solicitor advise me to do so. Before that i was working in UAE. I resigned from my work there and came here to apply for flr fp.

Im anticipating that my case will be refuse due to my visitor status as most of applicants who are on visit visa were refused and I dont want to prolong my agony to wait for the HO decision.

Im thinking to withdraw my application and go back to philippines to apply for spouse visa but im not sure if it will be the right decision.

My wife is only earning 17700 pa and 900 short for MIR but parents and siblings ( all working) are here in uk for additional support.

Is it a good idea to withdraw my application and apply abroad?with the new immig rules,will the bank statements of my siblings in law can fill the gap for the 900 short MIR to qualify me for spouse visa?

Kind advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

sulimu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sulimu » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Olumba wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:43 pm
Jay900 wrote:
I m reporting since 2013 waiting for flrfp decision

Jay900
Mexico

Post by Jay900 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:31 pm

What happens if you stopped reporting since having a pending application with home office which technically falls under a different category.

My case I been reporting for nearly 14 months and my last report I asked this question and I was told to ask my lawyer

Himaloy2
Bangladesh

Post by Himaloy2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Over stayer with 2 British kids.how long takes these days to make decisions first flr fp application. Thanks

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Himaloy2 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:33 pm
Over stayer with 2 British kids.how long takes these days to make decisions first flr fp application. Thanks
It could take as much time as home office wants to make sure that relationship is genuine, you have to understand FLR FP application are very complexed cases l, there are members here who's been waiting for 12 - 16 months with pending status, but you can always write to Home office to get any further update.

But in my personal opinion if it's less then 12 months than do no try to escalate because it may go against you.

Himaloy2
Bangladesh

Post by Himaloy2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:54 pm

sam550 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:37 pm
Himaloy2 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:33 pm
It could take as much time as home office wants to make sure that relationship is genuine, you have to understand FLR FP application are very complexed cases l, there are members here who's been waiting for 12 - 16 months with pending status, but you can always write to Home office to get any further update.

But in my personal opinion if it's less then 12 months than do no try to escalate because it may go against you.
13 month running my case.

Nakapiripit
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Nakapiripit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 am

Kmkhaled wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 pm
Nakapiripit wrote:
Kmkhaled wrote:
Nakapiripit wrote:

Home office staff been lazy to do there job...lol dts why they want social worker to do there job...i have no words to say...just best of luck...
Hi everyone, my brp has been received by solicitor today, dated 18 December, I still don’t know how I feel. Thought there would be tears of joy but I had nothing, just stared at the text. You see I’ve been an overstayer since 2011, with no family or husband so I’ve been through every emotion over the years, I think I’m in shock! Just can’t wait to get it in my hands so I can begin the job hunt.
I wish everyone on here the best, this forum has helped me in times when I could’ve gone completely mad but you see other people in your situation and calm down a bit.
My advice is don’t just sit and wait; send emails, contact your mp complain,complain phone them up whatever. I’ve probably contacted ho about 10 times since September. Good luck everyone. God is good.

sulimu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sulimu » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:53 am

Nakapiripit wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 am
Kmkhaled wrote:
Nakapiripit wrote:
Kmkhaled wrote:

Hi everyone, my brp has been received by solicitor today, dated 18 December, I still don’t know how I feel. Thought there would be tears of joy but I had nothing, just stared at the text. You see I’ve been an overstayer since 2011, with no family or husband so I’ve been through every emotion over the years, I think I’m in shock! Just can’t wait to get it in my hands so I can begin the job hunt.
I wish everyone on here the best, this forum has helped me in times when I could’ve gone completely mad but you see other people in your situation and calm down a bit.
My advice is don’t just sit and wait; send emails, contact your mp complain,complain phone them up whatever. I’ve probably contacted ho about 10 times since September. Good luck everyone. God is good.
Many many congratulation
Hope we all get our decision with happines
Gud luck

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:18 am

Nakapiripit wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 am
Kmkhaled wrote:
Nakapiripit wrote:
Kmkhaled wrote:

Fantastic news what a great end to the year. So pleased for you. Bless you all x

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:42 am

Update: The application checker is down for the public to use, but not for the call agent.

I called UKVI to find out the status of the application as an end of year check (My solicitor office will be closed from today - 2nd Jan) so wanted to have some confirmation.

If you explain that you want to see what the status is as you can not view it on the Internet, they can do this check for you.

They explained case is still pending decision, last updated June 2017, wished him a happy Christmas and a new year. Here's a positive 2018 God Willing. Current time pending is now entering 17 months waiting! Crazy world. Bless you everyone. Keep us in our prayers.

sam550
United Kingdom

Post by sam550 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:48 pm

bathanza wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:42 am
Update: The application checker is down for the public to use, but not for the call agent.

I called UKVI to find out the status of the application as an end of year check (My solicitor office will be closed from today - 2nd Jan) so wanted to have some confirmation.

If you explain that you want to see what the status is as you can not view it on the Internet, they can do this check for you.

They explained case is still pending decision, last updated June 2017, wished him a happy Christmas and a new year. Here's a positive 2018 God Willing. Current time pending is now entering 17 months waiting! Crazy world. Bless you everyone. Keep us in our prayers.
I hope 2018 will bring you the good news your waiting for inshahAllah.