ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependant visa maintenance fund question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amadeus53
Newly Registered

dependant visa maintenance fund question

Post by amadeus53 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 am

Hi all,

I am applying for my dependants tier 1 ent, visa. I have already got my visa and made a trip to UK, so i need to know if the maintenance funds needs to show for my 4 dependents i.e. 3 children and spouse or it should also include me?

Due to some currency fluctuations i have included myself safe side in maintenance funds but now its slightly under the requirements if i count all 5 of us.

Please let me know. Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: dependant visa maintenance fund question

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:33 am

amadeus53 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 am
Hi all,

I am applying for my dependants tier 1 ent, visa. I have already got my visa and made a trip to UK, so i need to know if the maintenance funds needs to show for my 4 dependents i.e. 3 children and spouse or it should also include me?

Due to some currency fluctuations i have included myself safe side in maintenance funds but now its slightly under the requirements if i count all 5 of us.

Please let me know. Thanks
Yes, since you have been in the UK for less than 12 months, it should include your full maintenance requirement.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

amadeus53
Newly Registered

Post by amadeus53 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 am

Also which rates should apply, the oinda rates when i submitted my online application? Also a statements around 10 days backdate from online application will work or i need the exact same day or a day before that statement from bank?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:43 pm

amadeus53 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 am
Also which rates should apply, the oinda rates when i submitted my online application? Also a statements around 10 days backdate from online application will work or i need the exact same day or a day before that statement from bank?
As per the guidance:
257. The conversion of overseas currency will be made using the OANDA exchange rate on the date of application.
So, the answer to your first part is yes.
As for the second part, again the guidance states:
The most recent statement must be dated no more than 31 days before the date of application.
So 10 days is fine
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Correct me if I am wrong (And lucky as well)

I did the same thing that i applied for my vtier 1 ent visa and after receiving it, I was in UK AND i applied for my wife's visa. But then I was told that I need to show it ONLY for my dependent (wife) and I just maintained it for her ONLY. And she got her visa
So I think he just need to maintain his dependents maintainence only - NOT his own as he is not applying at the same time unless something has changed recently

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:33 pm

10020132 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:07 pm
Correct me if I am wrong (And lucky as well)

I did the same thing that i applied for my vtier 1 ent visa and after receiving it, I was in UK AND i applied for my wife's visa. But then I was told that I need to show it ONLY for my dependent (wife) and I just maintained it for her ONLY. And she got her visa
So I think he just need to maintain his dependents maintainence only - NOT his own as he is not applying at the same time unless something has changed recently
No, you are correct. It was my mistake in reading a section where they have mixed up something related to applying together.