ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start of citizenship process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

earthshine
Italy

Reply process

Post by earthshine » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Hello,
I just applied for citizenship on 19/11 with NCS

Should I expect a reply from the HO, in the form of sn email or letter of acknowledgment of my application?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Re: Reply process

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:52 pm

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... ve-applied

It can take four weeks to get acknowledgement. Have you had fees deducted? That would give an indication that the process is moving.

earthshine
Italy

Post by earthshine » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Not yet unfortunately... thank you for letting me know. Do they also write via email?

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 am

for me they took the fee in 5 days of applying, you know the pages NCS gave you, you will find a tracking number, for a company called Thedx.co.uk use that tracking number to see when it was received by the Home office.

earthshine
Italy

Post by earthshine » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:26 am

I was not given this by the NCS. Will call them first thing after the holidays. All I got from them was a list of requirements (which I have met) and the agreement to pay the fee.... I signed that and then was given an email for the HO
She did not packaged the documents in front of me as she said she ran out of time!

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 am

gaffarn wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 am
for me they took the fee in 5 days of applying, you know the pages NCS gave you, you will find a tracking number, for a company called Thedx.co.uk use that tracking number to see when it was received by the Home office.
A lot use Royal mail special delivery. You can phone NCS for tracking number.

earthshine
Italy

Acknowledgement of receipt

Post by earthshine » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:20 am

I sent my application through the NCS on the 19th of December. No tracking number was given to me. The lady said they didn’t give out the number because all the applications for the day would be sent together. Since then I have not heard anything. No money has been taken from my account. I can see that other applications sent on the same day have had their fees taken.

Is this normal? Is there a way of contacting the HO directly to see if they have received my application?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Acknowledgement of receipt

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:44 am

From studying the timelines and other postings you will know it's not a scientific process. Your application may sit in the pile that hasn't been processed yet, or in the pile for payments to be processed. It's likely that over the holidays UKVI will not be working fully staffed. The UKVI call centre has no direct access to records. Maybe just wait a bit longer?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

lockwork
Newly Registered

Post by lockwork » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:47 am

My acknowledgement letter took about two weeks to arrive. Considering that the timelines vary much and with the Christmas holiday, I'd say it's normal for your application to not have been acknowledged yet.

From my NCS receipt: "...If by 4 weeks no acknowledgement has been received contact the Home Office (details over)..."

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:04 am

Used NCS they said all applications sent separately, not given tracking number but phoned and they gave it to me. Took a few weeks for biometric acknowledgement letter to arrive, emailed acknowledgement to us a week before before letter.

pedrosa666
Newly Registered

Post by pedrosa666 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:58 pm

What a load of crock, lovely lady that works at Trafford NCS gave me the tracking number for my pack and I was able to track it down next day....

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:14 pm

pedrosa666 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:58 pm
What a load of crock, lovely lady that works at Trafford NCS gave me the tracking number for my pack and I was able to track it down next day....
I thought on 23rd December you posted about your credit card being denied. So you got that sorted before Christmas?

pedrosa666
Newly Registered

Post by pedrosa666 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:25 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:14 pm
pedrosa666 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:58 pm
I thought on 23rd December you posted about your credit card being denied. So you got that sorted before Christmas?
My NCS appointment was on the 12th and they got my pack on the 13th... On the 19th they have tried taking my payment.

earthshine
Italy

Post by earthshine » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 am

Thank you folks. I phoned the NCS yesterday and they were rude, they told me they do not give out the tracking number out under any circumstances, and that nobody does! They also said to contact the HO if I want to get info as to my application.
I will give it another week, if no payment has been taken I will contact them. Can I call them ir is it all done via email?

earthshine
Italy

Biometric enrolment contact

Post by earthshine » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 am

I wrote to the nationality enquiries to check whether my application was received two weeks ago. They said they did, and that the biometric enrolment letter was sent out to my solicitor, despite having left the legal representatives contact details blank in the form AN, as advised if I wanted all correspondence to come directly to me.

The problem is that by now my solicitor should have received the letter and she does not reply to my communications.

Do you know if I can contact the biometric department directly to request a.copy of the letter before my application is out of time?

earthshine
Italy

Start of citizenship process

Post by earthshine » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:56 pm

I was curious to know at what stage the application is assigned to a caseworker. Is it upon payment or upon receipt of biometrics?