ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency help needed! Travel needed!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imsang
Newly Registered
Thailand

Emergency help needed! Travel needed!

Post by imsang » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:03 am

Hi,

it's been over 10 months since i applied my T1E visa. And i have been phoning and emailing Home Office explaining about my parent's health condition. I just received an phone call from home saying that my mother is in a very critical health condition. i really need to go back home to see her. I am thinking to go to embassy to get an emergency traveling documents. I am wondering if I can get emergency traveling document, would my visa application get affected? Or i can ask Home office to return my travel documents without canceling my visa application? is there any way that i can go back home to see my mother. On humanitarian ground, they should allow me to travel in such a circumstances. This is really emergency situation. I hope someone can help me with that! please!!! Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Emergency help needed! Travel needed!

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:56 am

Unfortunately If you leave the UK your application will be returned as invalid and your section 3C will be terminated. You cannot come back as you have no leave
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

imsang
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by imsang » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:42 am

So I cannot sort of 'borrow' my travel documents just for a week or something? Or any way of getting travel documents back without cancelling application? Thanks.

HowHardCouldItBe
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HowHardCouldItBe » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:05 am

You cannot leave without cancelling your application:

13.You should not make plans to travel outside of the Common Travel Area whilst your application
is under consideration. If you request your passport back from us in order to travel prior to a
decision being reached on your application, your application will be treated as being withdrawn in
accordance with Paragraph 34J of the Immigration Rules.

34J. Where a person whose application or claim for leave to remain is being considered requests the return of his passport for the purpose of travel outside the common travel area, the application for leave shall, provided it has not already been determined, be treated as withdrawn on the date that request is received by the Home Office.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:44 am

I can feel your pain but really sorry there is nothing you can do.
Media exposing them everyday but still they ain't listening. 😢😢😢😢

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:58 am

imsang wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:42 am
So I cannot sort of 'borrow' my travel documents just for a week or something? Or any way of getting travel documents back without cancelling application? Thanks.
As others have pointed out, there are really no options short of withdrawing your application and starting from scratch (which is not really feasible).

You mentioned you have called and emailed them a number of times. I assume you have not received any replies.

Have you tried sending some documents ? Doctor's letter or medical reports or something like that ? Try sending those with a letter in the post with a copy to your MP requesting for an expedited consideration of your application.

No guarantees it will help, but trying will not harm your application.

Good luck
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:32 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:58 am
imsang wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:42 am
As others have pointed out, there are really no options short of withdrawing your application and starting from scratch (which is not really feasible).

You mentioned you have called and emailed them a number of times. I assume you have not received any replies.

Have you tried sending some documents ? Doctor's letter or medical reports or something like that ? Try sending those with a letter in the post with a copy to your MP requesting for an expedited consideration of your application.

No guarantees it will help, but trying will not harm your application.

Good luck
@marcnath is awesome dude on this forum for a reason. I know one guy who got visa recently because he sent his mother in law's medical report.
Send your mother medical report along with a covering letter.
I'm sure you will get visa after new year.
Best of luck.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Do you consider yourself a strong entrepreneur (e.g. did significantly more than hire 2 people on min wage)?

If so I can share some knowledge I have of people travelling. It is far from fool proof and really only works if you have passport from visa-waiver countries. Again there are priorities in life and visiting your mom is clearly a high consideration.

But basically you would need to get alternative passport from embassy, travelling home is non issue. Coming back it is more then likely the IO (immigration officer) will not know of "3C" you will show plenty of documentation that you are a T1-ent in extension process (they will go to back room to verify that) and let you in with a slap on the wrist. Documentation of your mom's situation will of course help.

Why visa-waiver countries (e.g. USA) as then you can get on the aircraft, (the airline needs a visa or visa-waiver passport to allow you on the aircraft). Even to that there are alternatives, if you can get to Schenghen head to one of the Eurostar stations (Brussels, Lille, Paris) at least there you get in front of the IO and can make your case to get back to UK.

Other options (untested) get to Ireland. you can then get to UK without an IO (CTA) or apply in home country with compassionate request (really have no idea if that works but "my mom was very ill, I had to get emergency documents and come back)

Lastly, never ever lie to IOs (but they do not know much about T1e and 3C is my opinion and do not necessarily report to UKVI)
Also even if you get back in UK you have broken 3C. That is a separate discussion but if you are strong Entrepreneur you have a chance for ILR

My entry t1e from home country was 3 weeks. I think T1e used to be considered a strong visa route and UKVI did things efficiently. This has been totally ruined by so many clearly low quality entrepreneurs (who in many cases are not serious at all) This forum to some extent supports that. Just recently a T1e asked "I got ILR so can I close my business and get a job"?

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:13 pm

PS at least go get an alternative passport so you have options