ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Granted with 10 years route can I apply ILR sooner due to change of circumstances

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shy13utterfly
Newly Registered

Granted with 10 years route can I apply ILR sooner due to change of circumstances

Post by Shy13utterfly » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:46 am

Hi. I applied for a 5 year route partners visa but was granted with 10 year route. I made my application in May 2017.

3 weeks ago I was asked to submit additional papers including an SELT test. I have included my english test certificate but due to the new requirement they requested an SELT certificate. Main requirement to take the exam is eithyner passport or biometric but since its with HO I cannot book the exam without it. I requested my passport to be returned. (I read through how to take the exam they say in circumstances like his it can somehow be return temporarily or HO can confirm that I have an active application). However the case worker rang me 2 weeks ago and said that I will have my application withdrawn if they have to return my passport. She said to just leave it and just send my british daughter’s proof of address. I thought it was a favor they have done for me. But I am a bit disappointed because I am now with this 10 years route because of the English test that I wasnt able to submit.

I am now living in the UK for 4 years. So my question is when my Further Leave to remain expires which will be on july 2020 can i apply for ILR then since this will be my second 30 months on partners visa and due to change of circumstances that I will be able to sumbit the english test they require?

Please help as I always made my application without any help. Thank you.

jokira247
Newly Registered

Re: Granted with 10 years route can I apply ILR sooner due to change of circumstances

Post by jokira247 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:43 pm

How did u know that you got a 10 years route? where is that written?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Granted with 10 years route can I apply ILR sooner due to change of circumstances

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:14 pm

jokira247 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:43 pm
How did u know that you got a 10 years route? where is that written?
The user would have likely received a letter stating it. 10 year partner route is granted if requirements are not met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jokira247
Newly Registered

Post by jokira247 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 pm

My wife got this letter which state that her visa should mention either "standard" for 5 years or "non standard" for 10 years but the actual visa doesn't have any of those terms.

So how would I know if her visa is 5 or 10 years route?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:52 am

jokira247 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 pm
My wife got this letter which state that her visa should mention either "standard" for 5 years or "non standard" for 10 years but the actual visa doesn't have any of those terms.

You and presumably your wife are on the Tier 2 General route, which is a 5 year route. The 10 year route is NOT applicable to you and neither is this topic. The letter is a standard letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jokira247
Newly Registered

Post by jokira247 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:52 am
jokira247 wrote:

You and presumably your wife are on the Tier 2 General route, which is a 5 year route. The 10 year route is NOT applicable to you and neither is this topic. The letter is a standard letter.
Thanks so much for your help really appreciate your fast reassuring replies.

Ya I am on tier 2 general and my wife is on tier 2 general partner. So you mean this is just a generic letter but there is no such thing as tier 2 10 years route and it's always 5 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 am

jokira247 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:45 am
CR001 wrote:
jokira247 wrote:

Ya I am on tier 2 general and my wife is on tier 2 general partner. So you mean this is just a generic letter but there is no such thing as tier 2 10 years route and it's always 5 years?
The letter is generic. PBS route is always 5 years. The 10 years route is spouse of BC or settled spouse or child who DOES NOT meet the FLR(M) requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jokira247
Newly Registered

Post by jokira247 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 am
jokira247 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:45 am
CR001 wrote:
jokira247 wrote:

The letter is generic. PBS route is always 5 years. The 10 years route is spouse of BC or settled spouse or child who DOES NOT meet the FLR(M) requirements.
Brilliant thanks a lot for the info.