ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using an agency vs self-application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VAFamily
Newly Registered

Using an agency vs self-application

Post by VAFamily » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:07 pm

Can I see a show of hands for who did what and the pros and cons for each?

I am still deciding if I should just try applying on my own (and save the $2000 USD) or bite the bullet.

The *real* question is what the heck can a rep do for me that I can't?

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Using an agency vs self-application

Post by Chess » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:14 pm

I am still deciding if I should just try applying on my own (and save the $2000 USD) or bite the bullet.
Bite the bullet and apply on your own
The *real* question is what the heck can a rep do for me that I can't?
Nothing, unless there is difficulty in claiming the points and you *really* need help.....but if the evidence tallies with the claimed points then you dont need to waste your hard earned cash

Good Luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

VAFamily
Newly Registered

Post by VAFamily » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:28 pm

If I have difficulty claiming points, what can a rep do for me then?

I thought this was pretty black and white: you either have the points or you don't.

In my own case, I have some employment holes due to some of the companies going out of business but I used my cover letter to explain those and provided web links to the bankruptcy courts (http://www.marchfirst.com for example)

Again, if I can do this what does a rep do for me?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:42 pm

If I have difficulty claiming points, what can a rep do for me then?

The rep may be able to help in explaining the situation especially if some evidence is missing or not thorough (P.s, I dont work for any Agency!!)

I thought this was pretty black and white: you either have the points or you don't.
Yes, but nothing in life is black and white except for a Zebra!!!

In my own case, I have some employment holes due to some of the companies going out of business but I used my cover letter to explain those and provided web links to the bankruptcy courts (http://www.marchfirst.com for example)
Good plan....but if you claimed 'seniority' points in your experience then you MUST supply the required evidence from Employers and your covering letter regarding 'holes' in your employment would not suffice

Good Luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

VAFamily
Newly Registered

Post by VAFamily » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:13 pm

Here's the Catch-22:

How the h311 am I supposed to get a letter for a company that went tits-up-dead-in-the-sewer bankrupt?!?

I wrote the marchfirst attorneys but was told 'bugger off' as they have bigger fish to fry than my poor little request for proof of employment.

(No, I didn't keep the paystubs from a job I worked 6 years and 5 moves ago. I also never thought I'd apply to move to the UK, either.)

I can account for everyone on either side of it though. I even have a letter from my employer from 10 years ago!

I take it a bit of common sense from them is too much to ask?

kuog
Newly Registered

Post by kuog » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:12 pm

Hi VAFamily,

One of my employer went out of business and I did not have the reference letter.

I submitted the following in proof of my employment:

1. Offer letter from the employer (which has a detailed job description, start date of employment and salary).

2. Pay stubs for the entire duration of my employment with this employer

HSMP team seemed to be satisfied with this.

Hope this helps
-Kuog.