ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DL after 6 years using Set O or FLR DL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dippy263

Re: DL after 6 years using Set O or FLR DL

Post by Dippy263 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:44 am

odat wrote:I phoned the home office last week and I explain the station I wait 14 month applied Jan 2014 and received 2dlr in march 2015 the expired date march 2018 for my 2dlr
my cause back to 2011 refused asylum and granted 3 year DLR
the home office said in the phone 28 days before my 6 year complete and that is jan 2017 and they told me I have to use FLR DL THIS FORM FOR PEOPLE WHO REFUSED ASYLUM AND WE CAN`T USE POE
You can use Set O, please read through my post and you will notice I had the same problem and decided to gamble thus getting my ILR

Sawman
Newly Registered

Post by Sawman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:12 am

Africangirl
I will repeat my story.
I got ILR yesterday 02/11/2016 on the basis of completing 6 years DL (non asylum )under article 8FM.
Initial DL granted 29th of November 2010.
Apllied for extension on 27th of November 2013.
Extension granted 13th January 2014,with expiry date 13th of January 2017. IF I were to use your logic I should have applied sometime mid December 2016 BUT I took the advice of a solicitor and confirmed it with the Home office (03001232241) that I can apply 28 days before my six years completes (counting from initial DL grant date 29th of November 2010).
SO I went ahead, booked PEO appointment on the 2nd of November, paid 2375 and was Granted ILR.
Don't waste your time. ..The fees are increasing day by day.
If you have or about to complete six years under DL ...Go ahead and apply for ILR.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Sawman wrote:Africangirl
I will repeat my story.
I got ILR yesterday 02/11/2016 on the basis of completing 6 years DL (non asylum )under article 8FM.
Initial DL granted 29th of November 2010.
Apllied for extension on 27th of November 2013.
Extension granted 13th January 2014,with expiry date 13th of January 2017. IF I were to use your logic I should have applied sometime mid December 2016 BUT I took the advice of a solicitor and confirmed it with the Home office (03001232241) that I can apply 28 days before my six years completes (counting from initial DL grant date 29th of November 2010).
SO I went ahead, booked PEO appointment on the 2nd of November, paid 2375 and was Granted ILR.
Don't waste your time. ..The fees are increasing day by day.
If you have or about to complete six years under DL ...Go ahead and apply for ILR.
Hi Sawman

I think there is a confusion maybe on the way i am putting my question maybe if i put my case here there might be an understanding and i might get the right advice.

I was granted Discretionary leave in Jan 2011 outside immigration rules and this was for 3yrs.

First DL granted from 01/02/2011 to 02/02/2014
Applied for extension of DL on 05/01/2014
Extension granted 09/04/15 to 18/03/18
It took HO 12 months to grant extension for my 2nd DL
Now my question is am I allowed to apply for indefinite leave to remain in January 2017 since thus when I will complete my 6 years on DL or do I have to wait till 2018 when my 2nd DL expires.

Many thanks

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:17 pm

odat wrote:I phoned the home office last week and I explain the station I wait 14 month applied Jan 2014 and received 2dlr in march 2015 the expired date march 2018 for my 2dlr
the home office said in the phone 28 days before my 6 year complete and that is jan 2017 and they told me I have to use FLR DL THIS FORM FOR PEOPLE WHO REFUSED ASYLUM AND WE CAN`T USE POE
Hi odat

I think we are on the same situation , the answers on this forum are confusing if you check dfnt threads some are saying don't apply for ilr coz waiting time don't count towards 6 yrs some are saying waiting time counts towards 6 yrs.

I am confused i do understand that some people applied counting the waiting time but now i am scared to apply coz i don't want lose my £2875 if they refuse my application for ilr on the other hand i don't want to waste time waiting for 2018.

Hope we both find the right advice.

Thanks everyone

Sawman
Newly Registered

Post by Sawman » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 am

Africangirl
You can apply 100% in January 2017 (sometime after the 4th of January. ..upto 28 days before 01/02/2017).
MAKE sure you attach the letter of 1st DL and it's extension letter and other documents. The two most important things are that you shouldn't have any criminal conviction and your circumstances are more or less the same due to which you were granted your DL and extension.
Good luck

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:51 pm

africangirl wrote:
Hi odat

I think we are on the same situation , the answers on this forum are confusing if you check dfnt threads some are saying don't apply for ilr coz waiting time don't count towards 6 yrs some are saying waiting time counts towards 6 yrs.

I am confused i do understand that some people applied counting the waiting time but now i am scared to apply coz i don't want lose my £2875 if they refuse my application for ilr on the other hand i don't want to waste time waiting for 2018.

Thanks everyone
as I sad they told me on the phone I can apply 28 days before I complete the 6 year not before the 2dlr expired because I told them my 2dlr expired in march 2018 and they told me I can apply in January 2017

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi All

I also called h/o office today and they guy who answered first said all you cannot apply now you have to wait until the 2nd DL expires and i then asked him how come some people are applying as soon they complete their 6 yrs on DL regardless of when their 2nd DL expires. He then put me on hold and confirms with his senior manager and he came back and told me that he was wrong yes i can apply as soon i completed my 6 yrs regardless of the waiting time.

He also told me to get a confirmation by sending an email to public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Hope this will help us all who have been in limbo f not knowing when to apply. I only forgot to ask about type of forms to use.

odat wrote:
africangirl wrote:
Hi odat

Thanks everyone
as I sad they told me on the phone I can apply 28 days before I complete the 6 year not before the 2dlr expired because I told them my 2dlr expired in march 2018 and they told me I can apply in January 2017

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:37 pm

I'm going to use SET(O) form and book premium service in January and a recording to the home office website people with Discretionary Leave they not need life in the uk test

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:04 am

odat wrote:I'm going to use SET(O) form and book premium service in January and a recording to the home office website people with Discretionary Leave they not need life in the uk test
Hi Odat

I thought you said h/o told u to use FL application for not to also use PEO are you not going lose your money if you use premium service or you just taking a gamble.

I will continue to research on which application form to use i don't want my application to be refused. I will call home office again and confirm about which form to use.

Ahmad Sharif
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad Sharif » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:32 pm

The one I did under DLR was Set(o) form the recent one.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:56 pm

africangirl wrote:
odat wrote:I'm going to use SET(O) form and book premium service in January and a recording to the home office website people with Discretionary Leave they not need life in the uk test
Hi Odat

I thought you said h/o told u to use FL application for not to also use PEO are you not going lose your money if you use premium service or you just taking a gamble.

I will continue to research on which application form to use i don't want my application to be refused. I will call home office again and confirm about which form to use.
I'm taking a gamble and use SET O

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Ahmad Sharif wrote:The one I did under DLR was Set(o) form the recent one.
HAVE YOU GOR YOUR DLR AFTER REFUSE ASYLUM?

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:34 pm

just booked the PEO appointment at Birmingham (Solihull) on 13 Feb 2017
I'm using SETO application and paid £2375

mian1

Post by mian1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi
Were refused asylum and given Discretionary Leave
Initial Limited Leave To remain
Date of Issue = 28 Feb 2011 Valid until 28 Feb 2014.

Extension Leave to Remain
Date of Issue = 15 April 2014 Valid Until 15 April 2017.

Now want to Apply for ILR and choose to Complete
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... nary-leave
complete application form DL.

But when try to book PEO Appointment there is no option for Form DL
So which form need to select to book for PEO appointment.

Thank

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:09 pm

mian1 wrote:Hi
Were refused asylum and given Discretionary Leave
Initial Limited Leave To remain
Date of Issue = 28 Feb 2011 Valid until 28 Feb 2014.

Extension Leave to Remain
Date of Issue = 15 April 2014 Valid Until 15 April 2017.

Now want to Apply for ILR and choose to Complete
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... nary-leave
complete application form DL.

But when try to book PEO Appointment there is no option for Form DL
So which form need to select to book for PEO appointment.

Thank
To apply on FLR(DL), you can only apply by post as clearly stated in the form. You cannot use the premium service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ndiri74
Newly Registered

Post by ndiri74 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:37 am

Sawman wrote:Africangirl
You can apply 100% in January 2017 (sometime after the 4th of January. ..upto 28 days before 01/02/2017).
MAKE sure you attach the letter of 1st DL and it's extension letter and other documents. The two most important things are that you shouldn't have any criminal conviction and your circumstances are more or less the same due to which you were granted your DL and extension.
Good luck
Hi I have a similar question...I have just found out from messages on this website that I may be eligible to apply in Person for ILR now.
I was granted my 1st DL in Aug 2009 (to Aug 2012). applied for extention in July 2012.
2nd DL granted feb 2015 (to Feb 2018)...yes took HO near 3yrs to process my application
Qualifying period Aug 2009 - Aug 2015. (6yrs)
having read the messages here i decided to complete form Set O and book my PEO appoointment however note that it states you can only apply in person WITHIN 28days of qualify period.....Can anyone tell me if I can still apply in person even though its been more than a year and a half since my qualifying period? thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:59 am

Yes.
7. When you can't use the service wrote:You also can’t use the premium or super premium service if you’re applying for discretionary leave to remain or humanitarian protection unless:

you’re applying under the transitional arrangements to extend your discretionary leave after 3 years
you’re applying to settle in the UK after 6 years discretionary leave
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mian1

Post by mian1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:01 pm

hi ndiri74

yes you can fill in Set O and attend the PSC (Premium Service Center ) for same day. if you have DL and want to apply for ILR.

but i am not sure about the Period that how it work for DL.

Recently i attend the PSC for ILR where the Last Grant was DL and the second 3 year DL was near to finish in 20 Days.
so dont know about how the 6 years rule will work

ndiri74
Newly Registered

Post by ndiri74 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:42 pm

thanks mian1.

Does anyone actually know about the time lapsed or it ok to apply anytime after the qualifying period provided the current leave has not yet expired?

Also since the Life in the UK test is not a requirement - has anyone here actually applied on the Set O form without taking the test?

thanks for your help.

nounou1980
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by nounou1980 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:22 am

hi africangirl
i think we have the same case me you and odatim still confused what to use flr ( dl ) or set (o) to use premium service so any one get his ILR after 6 years descretionary leave after refused sylum please share with us
my 6 years descretionary leave finished by 20 of january . so i i want to use PEO service by set(o) form wich is not for us .as refused sylum singel person we should use flr (dl) form
but any one can confirm that we can switch to set o form to use it we dont want to lose that huge amont
thanks

luqi2020
South Africa

Post by luqi2020 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:33 pm

nounou1980 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:22 am
hi africangirl
i think we have the same case me you and odatim still confused what to use flr ( dl ) or set (o) to use premium service so any one get his ILR after 6 years descretionary leave after refused sylum please share with us
my 6 years descretionary leave finished by 20 of january . so i i want to use PEO service by set(o) form wich is not for us .as refused sylum singel person we should use flr (dl) form
but any one can confirm that we can switch to set o form to use it we dont want to lose that huge amont
thanks
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-after-6- ... l#p1576600