ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW - Maintenance fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djc

PSW - Maintenance fund

Post by djc » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi there,

I am a student who is going to apply for the PSW this month and have just realised, to my absolute horror , the 800 pound over three months clause. Having read some posts here, I have found out that things are different for HSMP extensions who have to just show 800 pounds anytime in the last month in their account. Is that applicable to PWS as well or would I have to show the 800 pounds all over three months. Really worried about it. Any info would be appriciated.

Regards

Dev

pakstar

Re: PSW - Maintenance fund

Post by pakstar » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:27 am

djc wrote:Hi there,

I am a student who is going to apply for the PSW this month and have just realised, to my absolute horror , the 800 pound over three months clause. Having read some posts here, I have found out that things are different for HSMP extensions who have to just show 800 pounds anytime in the last month in their account. Is that applicable to PWS as well or would I have to show the 800 pounds all over three months. Really worried about it. Any info would be appriciated.

Regards

Dev
Source
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... pbs/175426
Information

Up to 31 October 2008, you do not have to show you have had the funds for at least three months
before your application. You must only show you have the required funds at the time you apply.
The types of documents you need to send to support your application are as described in this
document. However, until 31 October 2008, they do not need to cover the three-month period,
but they must be dated no more than a month before your application.
For example, if you apply under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) on 12 July 2008, a single bank
statement with a closing balance of £800 dated between 12 June 2008 and 12 July 2008 will
meet the maintenance requirements. A bank statement dated before 12 June 2008 will not be
acceptable.