ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srichar33
inactive
United Kingdom

References

Post by srichar33 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:07 pm

My wife is due to apply for citizenship in January, she came here on 5 year partner route. While she has been here she hasn't worked and doesn't really know anyone outside of my family and a few of my work colleagues so she is struggling a bit with regards to references. The two people I'm considering using are my Brothers partner who he lives with but inst married to, she is a teacher so I believe would be acceptable for the professional referee? however I'm unsure if been the unmarried partner of my brother would make her classed as family or not for this purpose?

The other one is my work colleague who is a registered nurse who my wife knows as a personal friend out side of my work. Would this person also be suitable and how should she says she knows him? just as personal friend or should she state he is a colleague of her husband?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: References

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Link to list of professions: https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

Teachers and Nurses (RN, SEN or holding BA Nursing) are acceptable referees, per the list. Teacher is not related to you so will be ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.