ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to follow the advisor's advice?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karlchen
Newly Registered
China

Do I need to follow the advisor's advice?

Post by karlchen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:40 pm

I got my tier1E a few month ago and after I came to UK, I found the company I want to invest was almost collapsed and I don't want to put my 200k investment into a dying company. But my advisor tell me in this case, I need to communicate with Home Office and apply for my visa again since I don't invest 200k into the company while I apply for t1e. Shall I apply for the t1e again or tell the home office I don't want to invest the company I used to apply t1e visa or just find a new 200k investment opportunity? Is there any rules to support the advisor's advice or maybe the advisor just want to make some money from me?

Thanks. Merry Xmas!!

Karl

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Do I need to follow the advisor's advice?

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:51 pm

karlchen wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:40 pm
I got my tier1E a few month ago and after I came to UK, I found the company I want to invest was almost collapsed and I don't want to put my 200k investment into a dying company. But my advisor tell me in this case, I need to communicate with Home Office and apply for my visa again since I don't invest 200k into the company while I apply for t1e. Shall I apply for the t1e again or tell the home office I don't want to invest the company I used to apply t1e visa or just find a new 200k investment opportunity? Is there any rules to support the advisor's advice or maybe the advisor just want to make some money from me?

Thanks. Merry Xmas!!

Karl
Either the advisor is trying to make money from you or doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Either way, you should report the advisor to the HO.

The company that you indicated you wanted to invest in at the time of application has nothing to do with your actual investment. There is no requirement that you will follow even the business idea or business plan that was the basis of your T1E visa.

In fact, if you read the guidance properly, the HO does state in it that they understand Entrepreneurs may have to change business.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

PeterLove2008

Post by PeterLove2008 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 pm

karlchen wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Thanks. Merry Xmas!!

Karl
Your advisor is trying to threaten you on this. Please read the guidance properly. You have the freedom to choose any business to invest, the home office is aware that many people may change their business plan. Good luck!

karlchen
Newly Registered
China

Post by karlchen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:19 am

Thanks so much and very helpful explanation!