ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maibm
United Kingdom

Applying from abroad

Post by maibm » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Dear all,

I’m after some advice please and would be grateful if you can help.

Me and my wife are planning on moving from the uk to the Middle East. My wife is here in the uk with me on her first spouse visa.

My question is when it comes to extending the visa (flr), will we be able to apply for this from abroad? I have my own home etc and my salary is well in excess of £20k.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Applying from abroad

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:35 pm

maibm wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:21 pm
Dear all,

I’m after some advice please and would be grateful if you can help.

Me and my wife are planning on moving from the uk to the Middle East. My wife is here in the uk with me on her first spouse visa.

My question is when it comes to extending the visa (flr), will we be able to apply for this from abroad? I have my own home etc and my salary is well in excess of £20k.
Your wife's visa can only be extended from within the UK. If you live outside of the UK and later wish to return, your wife will have to apply for a new Spouse Settlement visa and start her 5 year route to ILR from scratch.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.