ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:36 am

Hello All,

I have a question for a friend.

I have a friend who is currently working here as an IT contractor on a salary of £300/per day through his own limited company. :D

He just got married but his wife is in Nigeria and he's looking to bring her over for them to start a family. He is a British citizen but the issue is he does not know how to go about the financial threshold as a contractor. He currently takes a salary of about £651 per month and dividend of about £2300 monthly. :shock:

His company account is up to date but the financial threshold is the major worry as his salary of £651 will not be enough. :cry:

Please can you advice so i can relay your replies to him. He is nervous as he does not want to be in a situation where he cannot be with his wife here.

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:15 am

Helloall....

Please can someone help me with this ?

spencer_joe2000 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:36 am
Hello All,

I have a question for a friend.

I have a friend who is currently working here as an IT contractor on a salary of £300/per day through his own limited company. :D

He just got married but his wife is in Nigeria and he's looking to bring her over for them to start a family. He is a British citizen but the issue is he does not know how to go about the financial threshold as a contractor. He currently takes a salary of about £651 per month and dividend of about £2300 monthly. :shock:

His company account is up to date but the financial threshold is the major worry as his salary of £651 will not be enough. :cry:

Please can you advice so i can relay your replies to him. He is nervous as he does not want to be in a situation where he cannot be with his wife here.

giramondo
Newly Registered

Post by giramondo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi spencer_joe2000,
You state that you "have a question", but there is no sentence in your post that contains a question mark. What would you like to ask?

Is it does "a salary of about £651 per month and dividend of about £2300 monthly" meet the financial requirement? or something else?

According to [https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income] dividend is acceptable proof of income.

Regards,

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Although never consistent on this issue - UKVI generally views contractors as self-employed rather than employer/employees, so will probably look for 12 months earnings, and a set of accounts with CT600 and CT paid.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks for replying to my question. I am sorry i ommitted the question mark. The link u sent provided me with the infomation i needed.

Regards
giramondo wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 pm
Hi spencer_joe2000,
You state that you "have a question", but there is no sentence in your post that contains a question mark. What would you like to ask?

Is it does "a salary of about £651 per month and dividend of about £2300 monthly" meet the financial requirement? or something else?

According to [https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income] dividend is acceptable proof of income.

Regards,

spencer_joe2000
Newly Registered

Post by spencer_joe2000 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:04 am

Thanks for your replies. Please what is CT? (Is that Coporation Tax?) And also please what is CT600?

Reagrds

SpencerJoe
Wanderer wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:31 pm
Although never consistent on this issue - UKVI generally views contractors as self-employed rather than employer/employees, so will probably look for 12 months earnings, and a set of accounts with CT600 and CT paid.