ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa issue-help needed!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MAO
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 visa issue-help needed!

Post by MAO » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:03 pm

My friend is a nurse and a tier 2 visa holder, but was recently suspended by NMC for a year pending investigation and review every 6 months. To support her appeal she is trying to work as a healthcare assistant so she can get the references she needs but because of her tier 2 visa, she is unable to get work. She is wondering how she can remain in the country? so she can get an HCA job to support her appeal for an earlier review. She has a child under a PBS dependent visa, who is currently at uni, my friend also pays for her kid's tuition fees and living cost, so she needs to stay otherwise it will affect her kid.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 2 visa issue-help needed!

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:03 pm

MAO wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:03 pm
My friend is a nurse and a tier 2 visa holder, but was recently suspended by NMC for a year pending investigation and review every 6 months. To support her appeal she is trying to work as a healthcare assistant so she can get the references she needs but because of her tier 2 visa, she is unable to get work. She is wondering how she can remain in the country? so she can get an HCA job to support her appeal for an earlier review. She has a child under a PBS dependent visa, who is currently at uni, my friend also pays for her kid's tuition fees and living cost, so she needs to stay otherwise it will affect her kid.
Presumably she's lost her job, has no legal right to remain so must leave before things get worse. Kid at school is of no consequence.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....