ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Payment Error - Website states I should be contacted?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dvwhite
Newly Registered
New Zealand

IHS Payment Error - Website states I should be contacted?

Post by dvwhite » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:58 am

Hi there,

I have recently applied for a tier 2 visa, when paying my IHS fee the amount calculated was incorrect - however I paid this as I found on the website it quoted the below:

"You’ll get an email from UK Visas and Immigration if you don’t pay the surcharge (or don’t pay enough) as part of your visa or immigration application.

Once you get the email, you must pay the surcharge within:

10 working days if you’re inside the UK
7 working days if you’re outside the UK"

So I continued on with the application and submitted it and anticipated that I would received an email to either pay the surcharge again and seek a refund or pay an additional amount - I was applying for a 5 year visa however the amount calculated was only for 4 years. I added an attachment explaining this in my application so that the entry clearance officer would see it - and hopefully they would send me a new link?

Does anyone know if I will in fact be able to pay the correct surcharge amount or is there any possibility that I could have my visa denied. Starting to stress out a bit here - I haven't been able to find anyone who has been denied a visa because of the surcharge?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
David

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS Payment Error - Website states I should be contacted?

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:13 am

What is the length of the CoS?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dvwhite
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by dvwhite » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 am

Hi there, the length of the cos is 5 years

dvwhite
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by dvwhite » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:13 am
What is the length of the CoS?
Hi There, COS is for 5 years - is it common for the ECO to get in touch with applicants re correcting the payments? Many thanks for all your help