ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refund after turned decision

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zed178
Newly Registered
Turkey

refund after turned decision

Post by Zed178 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Hello everyone,
I was meant to start my MSc. in the UK this fall. However, my visa was refused in late September. I applied for an administrative review, and they acknowledged that the decision was wrong. Since I received the result of the AR in October however, it meant that my school's enrollment date had passed.
UKVI wrote to me in the decision turning email that they have indeed contacted my school and confirmed that the enrollment date has passed, however I should contact school again to see whether or not there's another intake within the next 3 months. If there isn't, I should notify them, and they " will look to issue a refund for this application." (the date of this email is Oct 27)

Since there are no spring intake for taught MSc. programs, I have notified UKVI about this and asked for a refund. (Nov 6)

I have not yet however, received any refund. I am not sure what they meant when they said "refund this application" as far as I understand they only refund NHS amount.
If someone has any idea if they do refund the application fee in such case, or how long would any refund take, I would very much appreciate the help. :) (I wasn't able to find any similar case online)

Thefulani
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: refund after turned decision

Post by Thefulani » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:21 am

Congrats on d positive decision,pls wen exactly did u apply for ur administrative review? I applied for an administrative review end of november n i havent any reply from d home office till now

Zed178
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Zed178 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:58 am

Thefulani wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:21 am
Congrats on d positive decision,pls wen exactly did u apply for ur administrative review? I applied for an administrative review end of november n i havent any reply from d home office till now
I applied for AR on October 3rd and got the decision email on October 18th and got recontacted by them on October 27 (to clarify following steps)

Keep in mind a lot of people go on holiday during December so that might be a reason for delay.
I hope you get a positive answer! Good luck!

Thefulani
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Thefulani » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks dear, d wait is rily nt easy.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Thefulani wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:53 pm
Thanks dear, d wait is rily nt easy.
Can you please post in proper English and not in 'text' speech.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.