ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) in-country application outside published standard

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gcdiwan
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 (General) in-country application outside published standard

Post by gcdiwan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi
I (+3 dependants) made a fresh Tier 2 application from within the UK.
Application date (online): 23 Oct 2017
Online Biometric letter generated: 23 Oct 2017
Biometrics and passports submitted: 24th Oct 2017
Passports received: 28th Oct 2017

After about a week or so my partner (dependent) received a letter from UKVI asking her to submit her biometrics. We were a bit puzzled as we had already submitted our biometrics. Called up UKVI, were told to submit the biometrics if the letter says so. Submitted the biometrics for her alone on 10th Nov (well within the prescribed time limit of 10 working days of the receipt of letter).

Called up UKVI on 5th Dec and were told no information can be given before published standard, i.e. 8 weeks. But was told they were processing the applications made on 5th Oct on that date (5th Dec). Fair enough. Called up on 19th Dec again and was told that since I made an enquiry on 5th Dec, I need to call after 28 days and was not given any information on the status of the application. I do understand there will be delays with the Xmas holidays. But it's almost 10 weeks now since I made the application and there is no information from UKVI. I did change my address in between but that was conveyed to UKVI well before my move. Is this normal? I am anxious now as there is almost 2 weeks of delay in processing the application and I can't join my new job without a BRP. Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 (General) in-country application outside published standard

Post by makky86 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:59 am

gcdiwan wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:35 pm
Hi
I (+3 dependants) made a fresh Tier 2 application from within the UK.
Application date (online): 23 Oct 2017
Online Biometric letter generated: 23 Oct 2017
Biometrics and passports submitted: 24th Oct 2017
Passports received: 28th Oct 2017

After about a week or so my partner (dependent) received a letter from UKVI asking her to submit her biometrics. We were a bit puzzled as we had already submitted our biometrics. Called up UKVI, were told to submit the biometrics if the letter says so. Submitted the biometrics for her alone on 10th Nov (well within the prescribed time limit of 10 working days of the receipt of letter).

Called up UKVI on 5th Dec and were told no information can be given before published standard, i.e. 8 weeks. But was told they were processing the applications made on 5th Oct on that date (5th Dec). Fair enough. Called up on 19th Dec again and was told that since I made an enquiry on 5th Dec, I need to call after 28 days and was not given any information on the status of the application. I do understand there will be delays with the Xmas holidays. But it's almost 10 weeks now since I made the application and there is no information from UKVI. I did change my address in between but that was conveyed to UKVI well before my move. Is this normal? I am anxious now as there is almost 2 weeks of delay in processing the application and I can't join my new job without a BRP. Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.
It can take more time during Christnamd and new year time ! Alot of staff take time off
II Youths a stuff neve endures II